• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Trader A different approach

• Thread starter DeletedUser1877
  • Start date

DeletedUser1877

There's been a LOT of "discussion" about the latest changes, we could even say something about "The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly".

After a good bit of thought, I'd like to suggest a way to change it that I feel would be better for ALL players, as well as being in keeping with what I believe INNO desires.

Currently, the wholesaler makes offers based on the players main hall size. By the end of chapter 2 players are able to trade in amounts of 3 and even 4 digits, yet the wholesaler only offers a 48 piece lot. This is useless 99% of the time.
I suggest the size of the offer should instead be tied to the size of a player's manufactories, either to the largest, the total or to an average. So, as an example, the player has several steel plants going, they are producing 250 steel every 3 hours. I'd like the wholesaler to offer me that 250 number.

This has the benefit of encouraging players to build their production, should be of equivalent benefit to every level of player, and still keep it from being the main source of goods as INNO desires. The coding of it should not be difficult.

Think this over, let's get some real discussion going, and see if we can make something of this trader that works for eneryone, both sides of the fence.

DeletedUser1877

To take it a step farther, and lower the abuse potential, I would look at each tier of goods seperately. A player with huge tier 3 manufacturing would still need to maintain T1 and T2 in order to have decent offers available in those,

SO, the result as I see it - players are encouraged to manufacture more goods, excess goes into the market making it healthier, and the wholesaler has more ability to cover shortfalls.

Everybody wins!

DeletedUser1657

By increasing the qty of goods you increase the price that must be paid. There is an established ratio of goods for other goods (5:1) as well as for coins and supplies. You would have to be careful that by increasing the qty so much that it doesn't out price a person from being able to buy those goods. There is a risk the increased qty could become too expensive for a person to dump their excess.

My suspicion is the current qtys are balanced somehow based on main hall capacity but yet to really look into this.

Dhurrin

@Mykan
Of course the ratio would stay the same, but the amounts offered now are ridiculously low. I mean just 320 tier1 goods in the orc chapter. Really?
I kinda like this proposal, though I feel it should be based on a maxed-out factory for the chapter one is in, and then the 24 hour production.

And of course, the rate in which the price goes up needs to be lowered, this rate is absurd.

Last edited:

cpickett76

Of course the ratio would stay the same, but the amounts offered now are ridiculously low. I mean just over 300 tier1 goods in the orc chapter. Really?
I kinda like this proposal, though Infeel it should be based on a maxed-out factory for the chapter one is in, and then the 24 hour production.

And of course, the rate in which the price goes up needs to be lowered, this rate is absurd.

Agreed! In the regular game I'm at the very end of Chapter 4 with a MH at level 14 and the tier 1 goods are at 125. From 125 to just over 300 at the orc chapter isn't much of an increase. I just started in the beta world and got my trader Saturday. At level 2 MH, you can only buy 5 tier one goods that start at 2000 coins. That is ridiculously unfair to people who are new to the game. In the beta world you are surrounded by active neighbors and getting into a fellowship is easier. I found one on my second day. Even then, it can be difficult to get trades taken quickly and you don't have much to trade with because research and negotiations require much of your tier one goods. The wholesaler used to fill this gap but not it is completely out of balance. I can only imagine how difficult it must be for a newer player in the regular game where you may not have many active neighbors to trade with and getting into a fellowship is more difficult.

Basing the amount of goods available to purchase on the tier one factory levels for the chapter the player is in would be a much better approach.

Dhurrin

@cpickett76
I wholeheartedly agree. My beta city just entered chapter 2 and Ive given up even looking at the wholesaler since the amount offered is absurdly low for the price asked.
So for starting players this is a real drawback.

( btw, I just noticed that according to the marker I ENTERED that chapter by opening the chest, NOT by completing the research for the scouts, so how come in later chapters that is changed? https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/make-start-of-chapter-more-obvious.7237/ )

DeletedUser1877

A super huge thanks for all the positive comments and suggestions. Let's hope this goes forward and the devs give it some real thought.

cpickett76

@Dhurrin

I don't use the wholesaler on beta either but it's easier there because there are plenty of active traders. On the main game it's more irritating because I have a good number of active traders but there are still quite a few abandon cities that they are slow to move. The player to my right has had the same two buildings under construction since I started playing in late October and there are a number of cities just like that. When they are replaced, it's usually with a new city, not someone who is further along and can trade yet. Plus everyone is looking for the same tier one items I need right now in my fellowship and on the trader.

Dhurrin

@cpickett76
Tell me about it. My main city has way over 350 conquered provinces and only 9 really active tradingpartners in all that area. And some of those share my boosts.
my chapter 3 city also lacks active trading partners.

cpickett76

@Dhurrin

I have 8 active traders in my discovered area and quite a few just outside of that so I am lucky but all of them have the same tier 3 boost that I do. Sometimes over half the trader pages are gems, it's ridiculous and it makes it very difficult to fill the gap with fellowship trades.

DeletedUser1759

Hey guys!

There is currently no intent to go down this road. I can however tell you there are some planned changes to the trader. More information regarding that will come available soon.

For now I'll archive this idea :)