• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Fixed [9976] Kp taking longer than 1h

Amy Steele

Forum/QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
Dear all,

Thank you for reporting this issue! This issue is now confirmed and will be reported to our development team for fixing.

DeletedUser283

and the sooner the better, we are loosing KPs by dozens right now

DeletedUser

so... just tried to spend some kps into tech and got an internal error, after which the game restarted and i had lost 2 kps...
any news on when this will be fixed? Its hard to play the game when you don't get kps and you can't spend them in tech.

DeletedUser408

This is a serious bug no its the weekend so no hot fixes, I hope the Devs adn CM agree to compensate the Beta players I understand we are here ot test and report but lets not be so tight on the diamonds account other inno games give out diamonds so we can actually test those features as well, we now want to test lvl 11-50 on AW's so kicking over a few diamonds would be a nice thing to do
thanks

Since we are on a Beta server (= test server) here, it is expected that we encounter bugs from time to time - some worse than others, unfortunately. We do not refund for losses due to bugs here, but we will always try to fix the bugs as soon as we can, and try to prevent as many of them as possible from reaching our Live servers. :)

DeletedUser

While I accept that this is a beta server the type of bugs let out into the wild should be difficult to find ones that only repeated play will find. For a game that relies on research, building and KP this is a game breaker

DeletedUser408

re-read my post muf-muf, U did not need to put your standard form response i knew that already, I think for this one get on skype with all your other Mods and CM's and discuss, this might be a good time to give 100 diamonds to all or can you gives dump 25. I mean what will it hurt this is Beta as you say. or if so tight on diamonds can you throw 10FP per day this bugs stays active, I've only played 2 inno games so i cannot speak about the other 2 or 3 beta servers if they exist on the older games, but we are a community as well, and to keep us motivated to continue to report bugs and TEST, it is good to keep community happy as well. When is Inno/Mods so darn rigid on beta in Elvanar? Heck almost all regular updates in FOE they hand out diamonds to help test like its candy, what is harm in doing that here

Don't bother to answer again if you are going to requote or reformulate the same answer you have already put down.
I don't get Game programming but how on earth did the devs not see this on their own Game development server side, I am assuming they have a dummy server to launch new things with all controls and limits removed, as we can plainly see in Inno video's their cities show all the new features and such, i understand some bugs was lets say positive we gained stuff, and some bugs we lose stuff, but how hard really is it to not see that the KP counter is screwed up?

really wants me to continue to play/test this game for Inno some more, it's getting pretty bad when you've all decided to be so tight in Beta,
My personal opinion is this game is on its last legs, i obviously don't have the numbers but i will bet its not a big hit as Inno had hoped, but time will tell right.

DeletedUser629

re-read my post muf-muf, U did not need to put your standard form response i knew that already, I think for this one get on skype with all your other Mods and CM's and discuss, this might be a good time to give 100 diamonds to all or can you gives dump 25. I mean what will it hurt this is Beta as you say. or if so tight on diamonds can you throw 10FP per day this bugs stays active, I've only played 2 inno games so i cannot speak about the other 2 or 3 beta servers if they exist on the older games, but we are a community as well, and to keep us motivated to continue to report bugs and TEST, it is good to keep community happy as well. When is Inno/Mods so darn rigid on beta in Elvanar? Heck almost all regular updates in FOE they hand out diamonds to help test like its candy, what is harm in doing that here

Don't bother to answer again if you are going to requote or reformulate the same answer you have already put down.
I don't get Game programming but how on earth did the devs not see this on their own Game development server side, I am assuming they have a dummy server to launch new things with all controls and limits removed, as we can plainly see in Inno video's their cities show all the new features and such, i understand some bugs was lets say positive we gained stuff, and some bugs we lose stuff, but how hard really is it to not see that the KP counter is screwed up?

really wants me to continue to play/test this game for Inno some more, it's getting pretty bad when you've all decided to be so tight in Beta,
My personal opinion is this game is on its last legs, i obviously don't have the numbers but i will bet its not a big hit as Inno had hoped, but time will tell right.

We have read your post, and as explained many times before, we don't hand out diamonds on Beta just for testing, or to compensate for the bugs players have to deal with. We do hand out diamonds to players who report bugs, and this will hopefully keep players motivated to report them.

The test servers are used by a handful of people. There is a possibility that new bugs will find their way to the beta server because beta has a lot more players, and this could trigger some bugs. This is why we have a beta server in the first place.

DeletedUser408

Goryn, thanks for nothing yet again, you are missing the point as well, not many are motivated in Beta anymore because of the poor system you have implemented, and i've explained MANY times before as well, I know the response,

What i am saying its time to change the ways, Beta will become a waste land and lots will go to live servers obviously, Good luck with game development
I find it hard the handful of people on the Devs test server did not see this 1, or did they just play it for 5 min adn roll it out, come on
what a waste

DeletedUser213

I do have this bug, 2hrs for one knowledge point, but I do not understand the need to get so irate and to berate the moderators. If it upsets you all so much, why are you still here? Perhaps there are other places that will not upset you so much.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Goryn, thanks for nothing yet again, you are missing the point as well, not many are motivated in Beta anymore because of the poor system you have implemented, and i've explained MANY times before as well, I know the response,

What i am saying its time to change the ways, Beta will become a waste land and lots will go to live servers obviously, Good luck with game development
I find it hard the handful of people on the Devs test server did not see this 1, or did they just play it for 5 min adn roll it out, come on
what a waste
Why are you having a go at the mods, and even the devs?? this is not the fault of the mods in any way, shape, or form. The devs are doing their best with such a complex system of coding you need to run a game like this, there are bound to be bugs, or knock on effects not anticipated that no one could forsee.
And why do you have to keep being reminded that this is Beta, TEST server, a lot of the bugs wont appear on their in-house test server because of the lack of the amount of player interactions you need to test these things out properly, thats why were here to help sort out the bugs, even those who don't report bugs, are actually helping by just being here interacting with the system.
I suggest you either chill out or say goodbye as it can't be doing your health any good being so uptight about things that don't really exist like KP's.

Patrix

Great job inno.......You don't compensate KP because it is a beta (test) server. And you don't get this bug fixed in a couple of days! Now what shall we do instead.......Let's try to get some more money from the players and offer them to buy the lost KP when they buy diamonds. WTF, great solution...NOT!!!! Shame on you!!!

DeletedUser

Great job inno.......You don't compensate KP because it is a beta (test) server. And you don't get this bug fixed in a couple of days! Now what shall we do instead.......Let's try to get some more money from the players and offer them to buy the lost KP when they buy diamonds. WTF, great solution...NOT!!!! Shame on you!!!
There was no one there the weekends, so who are you shouting at for not fixing it in a couple of days???
If your buying diamonds on a test server then you can expect some of your money to go down the drain, if not then you shouldn't be here, try the live servers where perhaps you might have a case for a refund?

Just one last time, this is a test server, get it! TEST server, testing for bugs and trying new coding is the whole and ONLY purpose of this server.
And why are you so irate at a thing that doesn't exist, peeps you really should get out more.

Patrix

The first report was on thursday morning, so without the weekend is this day 3. That also stands for a couple of days!

And yes I know beta is a test server and that it can bring bugs with it. But to show appreciation towards players testing this game and report the bugs, with trying to urn more money! That is not my way to show some appreciation.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

You don't know the situation at Inno, there could be other bugs their working on when it was reported, and it's not immediately reported to Inno the second someone posts a report, others have to say they have the same problem and even then it is tried to be duplicated by staff and if reports are found to be correct then and only then is it confirmed and passed on the the devs, then they have to find the bug amongst the hard coding and all this could take a day or two. Now the weekend is over I'm sure it is their no1 priority and will have a hotfix as soon as they can.
They do show their appreciation by rewarding bug reporters diamonds, and in the first instant allowing you to be the first to try anything new to do with Elvenar, this is what you signed up for, so why should they have to show their appreciation for something you wanted to do and knew the conditions you would be playing under, having said that you can't complain when things go wrong.
There is no point ranting on this forum, it will get you nowhere, the devs & Inno won't see it and it's them you are aiming it at.
And the mods are here volunteering on their own free time for nothing to help peeps and be go-betweens us and Inno, and don't deserve the flak some peeps are giving them for things that have nothing to do with them, and trying to hold a civil tongue, I know because I am also a mod elsewhere, and sometimes have wanted to give certain members a good kick in the backside, but can't which is very frusrating on their part believe me.

Edit: now having finished writing this and going back to the forum, only to find it has been fixed, see told yer :)

DeletedUser1250

According to the release notes there was a hotfix and it should be fixed. Not sure about the fix though, my timer shows again more than 1 hour. It seemed fixed, but the game has already updated a few times after the fix and now it is wrong again. Then I refresh, after the game terminated itself and then it is fixed again? Something seems not right yet.

kp problem timer.png

DeletedUser

Yes the timer was still off when I logged on, but after spending the KP I had on tech, coming back to the home screen the timer was correct, and still is.

Edit: I just got my next KP and the timer was reset to 1 hour so it should be all ok now :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1250

No, it is NOT ok now. I just logged in again on the game, the timer was more than 1 hour again. I spent my kp in someones wonder and had 1 hour and 2 minutes left for the next kp. Then I refreshed and it was less than 2 minutes. I shouldn't have to refresh every time to correct the timer.

kp timer bug 3.png

After refreshing and waiting for the kp, the timer went to 1 hour, so that was fine.

DeletedUser

Yes mine was back to 1.50hr when I just logged on, I refreshed and cleared cache at the same time (have button add-on on browser) and it went to 40 mins, so I don't know if it was a cache issue or not as I did them exactly the same time, will have to wait for next time I log on to see if it's the same or not.