• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Fixed [9959] Newly added TECH without caption and description

Elevenar

Game version: v1.7.3-(66fd69a) (2016-05-26 10:19)
Game world: BETA 1
Browser + version: Chrome v51.0.2704.63 m
Flash Player version: You have version 21,0,0,242 installed
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview build 14295
Screen resolution: 1680 x 1050
Account name: Elevenar
Humans or Elves: Humans

Reproducibility: 5/5 = happens always

Current situation:
New Technology added today is missing a caption and description.
Expected situation:
... should show a caption and description.

Screenshots of the bug:
added!

Attachments

• 20160526 bug_new-tech_tree_1.gif
    20160526 bug_new-tech_tree_1.gif
    238.4 KB · Views: 161
  • 20160526 bug_new-tech_tree_2.gif
    20160526 bug_new-tech_tree_2.gif
    45.5 KB · Views: 160

DeletedUser

Not to sure if that is intentional?
In the release notes Muf worded it as secret
"Two new Ancient Wonders have been added and can be built after having been unlocked in Chapter II of the Research Tree (via the new 'Secret Ancient Wonders' technology):"

Elevenar

Well ... My opinion - also stated for missing captions in quests is - that no information given is not user friendly, understandable, whatsoever.
Imho (very) bad practice.

Who reads the release info (thinking about normal players, not beta testers or geeks)?

Who, being in tech chapter, eh, 8(?) scrolls back only just for fun to look for "magically" added new technologies?

DeletedUser

There is always someone who does read realease info, I for one do. And usually it is members on Beta that inform their members on their home worlds what to look out for coming up in updates. I have had it done on FoE and here on chat to watch out for this kind of thing when they happen.
Again if you did read the release notes then Muf told you where to find it, "Two new Ancient Wonders have been added and can be built after having been unlocked in Chapter II of the Research Tree"
Yes I do agree that it's not clever but this is Beta where things are tried out as to whether they are going to work or not, or just a case of tweaking after getting feedback from the Beta members, that is why we are here after all :)

Amy Steele

Forum/QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
We're glad to know clearing cache fixed this issue for you Rinaer, however it appears that for some it does not. This issue will therefore be reported to our development team for further investigation and fixing.