• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Fixed [9748] Game Freeze when trying to unlock

DeletedUser147

Game version: v1.6.1-(5dc0315) (2016-05-11 8:39)
Game world: Beta
Browser + version: Firefox 46.0.1 (Update from 45.0.2 didn't fix bug)
Flash Player version: 21.0.0.242 (current)
Operating System: Windows 7
Screen resolution: 1600*900
Account name: NotYourName
Humans or Elves: Elves

Reproducibility: 5/5 (1/5 = happened once; 2/5 = happens randomly; 3/5 = happens sometimes; 4/5 = happens often, but not always; 5/5 = happens always)

Quest title: -

Current situation:
I had 629 Ambrosia. To unlock the technology "City Expansion 31" I needed 630. I tried to unlock the technology using one diamond. As a result, my screen darkened (not blacked out, but indicating modal dialogue darkened, see screenshots) and I couldn't click anything anymore. Notice how the diamond spending confirmation dialogue is a darker colour than the technology unlocking dialogue and how the tech tree in the background looks darker in the screenshot with the diamond dialogue than in the one with the tech dialogue (screenshots 1 and 2). Pressing escape closes the confirmation window and reverts the second darkening of the tech tree, but does not reenable clicking (screenshot 3).
The only apparent solution was reloading the game and disabling the diamond spending confirmation dialogues, then unlocking the technology - that worked - but that obviously doesn't remove the bug itself.

Expected situation:
I want to be able to get to my confirmation dialogues and click them without the game bugging out.

Reproduction Steps
Enable Diamond spending confirmation dialogues.
2. Go to tech tree
3. Try to unlock using diamonds - I don't know whether it has to be exactly this technology, exactly 1 ambrosia and/or exactly one diamond unlocking cost, so cross-checks might be in order.

Screenshots of the bug:
41ae876c4a13190e063747154c2b0932.png

63524ce000ed922a90ea49e016749ad8.png

a219fd1d63988368aec0a5cbf72474fd.png

DeletedUser

Confirmed, thanks for your report NotYourName :)
Until it's fixed you can disable the confirmation pop-up as workaround. ;)
You have to be careful to not spent diamonds through miss-clicks though.

DeletedUser147

Sure, will do that! :) I've heard something about diamonds for bug reports, how is that handled?