• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Fixed [7076] No cultural bonus

DeletedUser778

Some minutes ago I saw that the production to collect was not writen in green while I was hovering over a workshop.
So i tested it by collecting some coins and i did only get what was shown; 100% production, even if I have 5 gardens polished and for sure have enough culture for 125%.
I refreshed and everything was fine again, but a couple of minutes later it's the same again: I have 125% bonus and everything is displayed correcly, expect the coins and supplies. They show and give only 100%.

Edit: this is really annoying... had to refresh another two times after the initial post, because I dropp to 100% every couple of minutes...
Now also the displays changed: 100% clouds are shown and the "calculator" displays 3032 culture avaibale and 5468 needed, but nothing from my, in the meantime increased to 6, polished gardens...

Edit2: aaaaand dropped again... this time again without any visual hint, expect the not written in green production.

Last edited by a moderator:

Amy Steele

Forum/QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
Thanks for reporting this issue LordB! Just so I have this straight, after a refresh, does your Coin and Supply total increase to show the correct amount, or is it still the same as before the refresh? Just trying to determine whether this is a display issue only :)

DeletedUser778

After a refresh all is normal again, but if I collect before the refresh the wrong amount was put into storage. I missed to check if the stored amounts changed to the amount it should be after a refresh though.
And it's odd that I had it only in the noon/afternoon time, every couple of minutes... now in the evening all is fine and I had my computer running so no restart, or closing firefox in the meantime.

Edit: 22:10 cest happened again :( After a refresh the stored amount did not change, so only 100% production added. Things to notice: An upgrade finished, maybe it has something to do wiht it. (was doing a lot gain 100 culture/population quests earlier today, so there were also a lot finished constructions)

DeletedUser778

Yep that's it! After building a lvl 1 residence I dropped to 100% culture (without any change in the cloud symbol).
After a refresh I tried a luminous spot and after it was finished I dropped to 100% (also with cloud symbol changing)

Edit: Another hight level residence upgrade finished and i dropped again to 100%

Edit2: Just got enough gardens polished to reach 150%, so I tested if I drop only one bonus tier or all and after building a luminous spot I dropped to 100%, so it looks like its always down to 100% no matter at what bonus level you really are.
Edit:6: A fellowship member told me he dropped from 150% to 125%, so not 100% clear.

Edit3: Interessting thing: If I sell stuff (luminous spots/lvl 1 residences) I revert it sometimes to the normal bonus.

Edit4: Not only residences and cultural buildinsg involved: With my dwarven portal finished I dropped to 100% too.

Thanks for the report, LordB! We have run some tests using the information you have provided, but are unfortunately unable to reproduce the described behaviour. Would you be so kind to share a set of reproduction steps that we can follow, so that we can reproduce the issue? Thanks in advance!

DeletedUser778

Step 1:
Have your cultural bonus level increased at least one level through polished buildings.
Step 2:
Check the production of a residence or workshop. (Workshop is better since the production does not increase over time)
Step 3:
Wait for an upgrade or new building to be finished (Luminous Spot, or lvl 1 residence are the quickest, but I experienced it too with highl lvl residence upgrades and lvl 1 portal finished)
Step 4:
Check the production again and see it dropped to the cultural level you're at without polished buildings. (At least I guess this is the behaviour of the bug, since I drop to 100% from 125% and 150%, but a fellow drops only to 125%, so I guess he has the 125% bonus without polished buildings)
Optional 1:
Collect some coins/supplies and check the stored amount
Optional 2:
Sell a building to increase the cultural bonus level again to the lvl it should be,
or if it happened after a big upgrade/building you don't want to sell refresh the page to increase the cultural bonus level again to the lvl it should be.
Optional 3:
Check the stored amount again to see it has not changed, so the earlier collection was a waste of some coins/supplies, because it was collected under a wrong bonus level.

Edit:
Hmm very strange right now I am not able to repproduce it myself, but I had this for sure a couple of days in a row :s

We have been able to reproduce it now using those steps, thank you very much! We will forward the issue for further investigation and fixing. :)

To explain what happens shortly:
Upon finishing construction (seemingly with a building that affects the culture value in your city, such as a Luminous Signpost or a Residence), the Neighborly Help bonus falls away from the tooltip, and thus from the total listed there. The Culture value, with that, falls back to the "default" value, without the Neighborly Help bonus. If you have 100% without NH, it will fall back to that, if you have 125% without NH, it will fall back to that. After reloading the game, the NH bonus is considered correctly again and the bonus level is back to normal with that again as well.

Thought you might want to know. ;)

Last edited: