• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Fixed [7052] Darkblue world map

DeletedUser778

Scrolling around the world map I get a blue background sometimes, that only goes away, if I scroll to somewhere farer away and back, or go to my city and back to the map.

00fkGts520VL.jpg

Could you please provide us with some more information, such as which browser you're using and your Flash Player version?

DeletedUser283

I had that problem y-day evening
a <shift>-refresh cleared it

Alright, thanks for the information, both!

We have tried reproducing it with the same browser and Flash version, but were still unable to do so, unfortunately. Is this a one-time issue, or does it happen to you more than once? Also, does it occur all the time, or only sometimes?

DeletedUser778

More then once, my first step yesterday was to update Firefox to the newest version, but it still occured, so I reported it.
But it happens less often with the newest FF (at least I have the feeling)
I also have the feeling that it occurs more often, when I'm logged in for a longer time and/or scrolling a lot over the worldmap. (Discovered area is quite large and without zoom it takes some scrolling :p)
The initial screenshot is maybe a bit missleading it is not the complete map, but large parts.

D2hpR4aR6Piz.jpg

OBX6F585e2ij.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser283

I also have the feeling that it occurs more often, when I'm logged in for a longer time and/or scrolling a lot over the worldmap. (Discovered area is quite large and without zoom it takes some scrolling :p)

"logged in for a longer time" is a telltale sign of a background memory leak due to poor flash programming and excess of eye-candy (bouncing icons over buildings, and such)
every morning when I come back to the game (my PC is of the "always-on" kind ;) ), I start with a shift-refresh before anything
just to make sure it's clean ... :)

DeletedUser

It happened to me too. It took some time before the dark blue area was replaced with the map. You don't see it the first time you go out the map. When you move the map, that's when you see that most parts appear in the dark blue color.

DeletedUser1250

Happens to me too. I am using google chrome, hardware acceleration is on.

map.png

DeletedUser336

my world has been black for a week now...
firefox and 11 flash updated all today

This should now be fixed. As it's a bit hard to test, please let us know if this still occurs on version 0.28.

DeletedUser118

Well, its not blue anymore but still slowly loading with now having the buttons and icons taking a moment to show up after you move around.