• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

7/7/2020 Beta Life is too Quiet

Loki Blue

I've been an FOE Beta player for four years, and I've been here three years now. I neither need nor want Elvenar to be a fantasy version of FOE.

For me personally, the cultural settlements would likely have been better as Historical events (that we don't have anymore). The only one I do over is the Viking settlement, I want the fully upgraded Yggdrasil. I've done the Japanese settlement twice, but likely won't again unless I am monumentally bored. I did the Egyptian settlement when it was released, then promptly traded the rewards in to the Antiques dealer. Complete waste of time, and I'll never do it again. I do not have much hope that further cultural settlements will be worth doing.

But hey, that's just me. :p

At any rate...

Colonies like FOE ones

You don't just "get" colonies. If you mean the Space Age colonies, you have to progress to them through the tech tree.

CrazyWizard

Regarding FoE, the mods for the US forum don't want people even mentioning that game, much less comparing the two or crying about Elvenar not doing something that FoE does. As they say, these are two separate games, made by two totally separate dev teams that just happen to work for the same company. And they should stay separate. Adding the evolving buildings caused enough arguing between people about FoE, and we do not need more.

FoE --> elvenar
Great Buildings --> Wonders
Guild Expeditions --> Spire of Eternity

Elvenar --> FoE
Crafting --> Antique Dealer

And some events are very similar on both platforms.

Neither of these are straigt copies but surely at least inspired. and while they are seperate teams they are looking at eachother / working together in some ways.
It's no accident that these teams are using the same concepts. there both inno-games after all.

I am not saying it should be a straight copy from A to B, but an inspired "elvenar version" would not be unwelcomed by me.

salandrine

and also they might loose some players.

I really DONT want a PVP in my game. I decided to play elvenar with peace and building my future with peace and I would quit the game immediately, if some kind of destroying my city would be implemented!!!

And even if there would be extra space for that, in some kind I would be forced to play, due to the wishes of some players in my FS and maybe the ranking list.

Some kind of this would destroy a lot of the FS. And I really dont wont something going to destroy things, I am working on a long time, some years.

CrazyWizard

I remember starting FoE a long time ago, since I hate PvP and there was an event running rewarding +5% defence bonus for each building, I actually build a wall of these small buildings around my town, the idea was try to gank me and face my defensive strength of several hundreds of %.

A because it looked cool, and B to scare of any stupid ganker trying to kick little me.
Many tried no one ever succeded :)

But yeah, I love that Elvenar is no gank fest of people trying to whack your town to smitherines.

DeletedUser3289

I really DONT want a PVP in my game. I decided to play elvenar with peace and building my future with peace and I would quit the game immediately, if some kind of destroying my city would be implemented!!!
Some kind of this would destroy a lot of the FS. And I really dont wont something going to destroy things, I am working on a long time, some years.
Hey. Don’t worry and don’t quit. Nothing officially announced. It’s just the whim of a few of us and we are discussing it as nothing else is going on.

Deleted User - 81190

That's why it will never happen here. No PvP is a single biggest differentiator for Elvenar, so they get a ton of players here just like you, who really have no viable other options. There are tons of games with PvP, including some by the same company. Elvenar is firmly entrenched in no-PvP niche.

Loki Blue

And even if there would be extra space for that, in some kind I would be forced to play, due to the wishes of some players in my FS and maybe the ranking list.

I was actually being sarcastic.

Jaxom

I have been in FoE for at least 6 years and here since I was invited to do Beta because I was in FoE.
I absolutely HATE the PvP and never do it. There used to be quests that required it but those seem to be gone. It is so stupid when I discover that a 24 hour production has been plundered. Yes, it is part of the game but I would quit Elvenar if they had it here. I tried two other games from Innogames and quit them due to too much PvP.

Jaxom

But on the original main subject. It was VERY VERY VERY nice to NOT have any event going on. I truly hate the FAs and participate only to support my fellows. And other events are now becoming a bother because the rewards just are not worth it. At least for me.