• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Fixed [6592] Negative coin production during house upgrade

DeletedUser

Game version: 0.23.410-cdfd919-(master) (2015-08-19 13:03)
Game world: zz - beta
Browser + version: Firefox 40.0.3
Flash Player version: 18.0.0.232
Operating System: Windows 10
Screen resolution: 1366 x 768
Account name: Tintagel
Humans or Elves: Human
Hardware Acceleration: ON

Reproducibility: 5/5

Current situation:
After about 15 minutes into upgrading I cancelled a house upgrade. As after a minute or so I didn't see the coin symbol appear above it,while it did for my other houses, I checked if it was stuck perhaps.
I then noticed that the house did produce coins, but somehow had gathered a negative production while upgrading, which it was consuming up first (see screenshots).
Refreshing (several times) did not correct this.

This house was going from level 8 to 9, and when I cancelled it, it was not connected to a street for a short period of time anymore as it returned to its smaller size, and I had to move it to reconnect it, which I did at once. However, the disconnection doesn't seem to have anything to do with it, see below.

A larger house that was upgrading simultaneously didn't show the bug at first after cancelling, so I wondered if it had to do with the size and the first house being disconnected for a moment. The larger one had not been disconnected at any moment.
However, after I tried to reproduce the bug on the smaller house (and succeeded doing so, see steps), I noticed the bug on the larger house as well, after refreshing.

Expected situation:
The house not to have a negative production at all, but to start producing from 0 after an upgrade is cancelled.

Reproduction Steps:
1. start a house upgrade
2. wait a few minutes
3. cancel the upgrade
4. check the production, notice it's negative
The amount of coins appears to be in negative what the house would normally have produced had it not been upgrading; so the smaller house had gathered about 240 coins so far, and the larger one, as it had upgraded a little longer, and also produces more & faster, was over 700.
5. you then have to wait till the negative amount is consumed before the house starts producing again.
6. you may have to refresh -before- this shows

Refresh did not correct the problem.

Screenshots of the bug:
http://prntscr.com/8a6gbm (negative production to be consumed up first)
http://prntscr.com/8a6lft (negative production for the larger house, starting at around -700 or more)

Edit:
while upgrading, you cannot see the (negative) production at all, you'll have to cancel before it shows.