• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Fixed [6241] Missing town

DeletedUser

My whole town is at the moment missing, like completely dissappeared! Earlier today everything worked just fine, but now there is just a big empty space where my buildings use to be ;o(

DeletedUser867

That behavior is characteristic of a corrupted browser cache. The browser "has" the image, and doesn't see any need to ask for a refresh.

In Chrome you need only to right click the tab and select Refresh, but it's a bit more complicated for the other browsers. If you suspect this might be the issue, http://pcsupport.about.com/od/browsers/f/clear-cache.htm is nicely descriptive.

DeletedUser628

Thank you for reporting this to us, vaice. Please do attempt to clear your browser's cache, as Katwijk mentioned, and see if that brings back the graphics in your city.

Your city is still in the game and can be seen just fine, so it does seem like this is a flash memory issue where you're just not seeing the graphics. Let us know if this helps you out!

DeletedUser651

I have that issue all the time and all I have to do is to close the Chrome browser window, then reopen.

DeletedUser628

Vaice, did you perhaps experience this issue in the Chrome browser as well? And a question to both you and Bobbykitty - are you still experiencing this issue?

I believe this may be due to a Chrome update around that time, but cannot be sure yet. Thank you for any information!

DeletedUser651

I have been experiencing this disappearing city problem since I started the game Darkstar. Not sure how long that has been....4 months? It is what happens right before shockwave flash crashes. The way the crash would happen is this: I would visit the first city, and all was fine, by the third or fourth city half of the buildings would disappear. If I loaded another city after that it would be all black. If I managed to catch the issue before the cities turn black, just refreshing would fix it. If however, the cities turned black, the only way to fix was to close all the windows in the browser, shut down the browser (chrome) and reopen the browser and then reopen all my browser windows.

Since the hardware acceleration, I have a lot fewer crashes. I have other issues, but the crashes are much better. Now I only crash once or twice giving all the neighborly help. It is a lot longer to load a city from the world map, but the crashes are few and far between.

DeletedUser605

I'm having the same issue with invisible cities.
My own city is visible when I first start the game, but when I visit someone their city is partially visible (some buildings load), but when I try to give help the buildings disapear and hands will appear over where the buildings I can help would be.
Also when I go back to my own city it has completely disapeared, but the coin/goods/sleep icons will be visible.

EDIT: Have tried clearing my cache, but it makes no difference - also chat is not working too.

DeletedUser778

I'm experiencing this after visiting around 30 cities.
Sometimes it takes some seconds to load all buildings in visited cities, but around the 30th city half the buildings are loaded, but instead of loading the rest all dissappear and only the hands icons are still there and returning to my town only coin, goods and supply icons are visible.

Browser FF, HW acceleration turned on.

DeletedUser442

I had fogotten to mention this on my prefious message. But after a few visits, my own town suffers the same thing. Just grass with floating icons.

DeletedUser

Sorry to say, but no, this is not resolved. Happens regularly after ~20 neighbour city visits. The next visit will likely be a flash crash or stuck loading bar. (since I started playing again with 0.24 I cannot say whether this issue has at least improved, which I believe it has, because there have been times I crashed *every* neighbour visit):

elvenar11.jpg

DeletedUser605

The invisible cities is fixed for me - although the larger cities do take some time to load now (10-20 seconds).
Still getting the flash crashes occasionally though :(

I've just been around my neighborhood and fellowship to assist everyone I could find, and I have not been able to reproduce this error anymore, while I could consistently before the update was performed. I did see a few cities that took longer to load (especially the bigger ones), but that is not part of this issue.