• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Fixed [6221] Hardware accelaration slows down the game

• Thread starter DeletedUser1025
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser1025

On Mac OS X 10.8.5 I had to switch the hardware acceleration off, the whole game was practically inactive - reported as requested :)

DeletedUser651

I have. I turned it off. It made the screen go to black and white every time I went from one city to another. It also took 15 seconds or more at times to load a city.
Intel I-7 5500- U 64 bit 2.4 ghz 8 mg ram
Windows 10
Intel HD graphics
Play on Chrome

bfesr9.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
For those of you who are having issues with the game being slow, could you please let us know what CPU and GPU your computer has? :)

DeletedUser834

CPU : AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 965 Processor × 4
GPU : Gallium 0.4 on AMD CEDAR

DeletedUser1025

CPU 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
GPU NVIDIA GeForce 320M 256 MB

DeletedUser1025

Cannot get in the game at all..... was OK after switching the hardware acc. off, now does not upload even the main page

Thanks for the information, all! If anyone else is experiencing these issues, please do let us know!

@Bobbykitty, could you please provide us with your GPU as well, please? :)

DeletedUser651

I am running a brand new Lenovo laptop. NVIDIA Geforce 840m Intel HD graphics 5500

DeletedUser651

Something I noticed today.....I am also playing on other servers so I can compare a bit. Either way I get the black and white and city when I hit the world icon, but the reason it is so discomforting for me after this new update is that the black and white city is a lot brighter. And the jarring amount of new brightness is what is hurting my eyes.

I hope that helps.

Also, something has gotten better. It still takes longer to load cities, but now only about 10% longer.

Edit....I take that back. If I load a big city it takes a count of 8 or longer to load from the world map.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser140

I have switched off the HA - There was so many Stream Errors before, but now it is much better.

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40 GHz 3.40 GHz
GPU: NVIDEA Geforce GTX 650

DeletedUser283

incidentally, as it necessary for players experiencing issues to report them together with their H/W and S/W configuration, it would be nice to have somewhere in-game a list of parameters that one could easily copy and paste into the forum or the support ticket;
hint : there is such a function in FoE, where going to the settings, then to the "about" tab, shows a summary of H/W and S/W configuration as detected by the game, together with a "copy" button ;)

incidentally, as it necessary for players experiencing issues to report them together with their H/W and S/W configuration, it would be nice to have somewhere in-game a list of parameters that one could easily copy and paste into the forum or the support ticket;
hint : there is such a function in FoE, where going to the settings, then to the "about" tab, shows a summary of H/W and S/W configuration as detected by the game, together with a "copy" button ;)
While that would indeed be nice, this is not the place to discuss that. Please create a thread for it in the Ideas and Suggestions part of the forum (you can use prefix 'Other'). :)

DeletedUser283

While that would indeed be nice, this is not the place to discuss that. Please create a thread for it in the Ideas and Suggestions part of the forum (you can use prefix 'Other'). :)
done :)

Mikekun

hello

I'm can't login to the game. Only see think game on access to world, nothing more.

gretings Mikekun

DeletedUser

I have tried hardware acceleration myself, but twice in a row (over 1 day) it caused a BSOD on my system, therefore I deactivated it and will not try it again in its current version.

Configuration (full DxDiags attached):
------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 2/11/2015, 13:12:39
Machine name: ACER_LAPTOP
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.141211-1742)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Acer
System Model: Aspire 5560
BIOS: AcerSystem v2.2
Processor: AMD A6-3420M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics (4 CPUs), ~1.5GHz
Memory: 6144MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 5606MB RAM
Page File: 2418MB used, 8792MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 64bit Unicode

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    31.6 KB · Views: 392
Status
Not open for further replies.