• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Fixed [6221] Hardware accelaration slows down the game

Status
Not open for further replies.

torchII

On Mac OS X 10.8.5 I had to switch the hardware acceleration off, the whole game was practically inactive - reported as requested :)

DeletedUser651

I have. I turned it off. It made the screen go to black and white every time I went from one city to another. It also took 15 seconds or more at times to load a city.
Intel I-7 5500- U 64 bit 2.4 ghz 8 mg ram
Windows 10
Intel HD graphics
Play on Chrome

Last edited by a moderator:

Muf-Muf

Elvenar Team
For those of you who are having issues with the game being slow, could you please let us know what CPU and GPU your computer has? :)

DeletedUser834

CPU : AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 965 Processor × 4
GPU : Gallium 0.4 on AMD CEDAR

torchII

Cannot get in the game at all..... was OK after switching the hardware acc. off, now does not upload even the main page

Muf-Muf

Elvenar Team
Thanks for the information, all! If anyone else is experiencing these issues, please do let us know!

@Bobbykitty, could you please provide us with your GPU as well, please? :)

DeletedUser651

I am running a brand new Lenovo laptop. NVIDIA Geforce 840m Intel HD graphics 5500

DeletedUser651

Something I noticed today.....I am also playing on other servers so I can compare a bit. Either way I get the black and white and city when I hit the world icon, but the reason it is so discomforting for me after this new update is that the black and white city is a lot brighter. And the jarring amount of new brightness is what is hurting my eyes.

I hope that helps.

Also, something has gotten better. It still takes longer to load cities, but now only about 10% longer.

Edit....I take that back. If I load a big city it takes a count of 8 or longer to load from the world map.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser140

I have switched off the HA - There was so many Stream Errors before, but now it is much better.

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40 GHz 3.40 GHz
GPU: NVIDEA Geforce GTX 650

Philplessis

incidentally, as it necessary for players experiencing issues to report them together with their H/W and S/W configuration, it would be nice to have somewhere in-game a list of parameters that one could easily copy and paste into the forum or the support ticket;
hint : there is such a function in FoE, where going to the settings, then to the "about" tab, shows a summary of H/W and S/W configuration as detected by the game, together with a "copy" button ;)

Muf-Muf

Elvenar Team
incidentally, as it necessary for players experiencing issues to report them together with their H/W and S/W configuration, it would be nice to have somewhere in-game a list of parameters that one could easily copy and paste into the forum or the support ticket;
hint : there is such a function in FoE, where going to the settings, then to the "about" tab, shows a summary of H/W and S/W configuration as detected by the game, together with a "copy" button ;)
While that would indeed be nice, this is not the place to discuss that. Please create a thread for it in the Ideas and Suggestions part of the forum (you can use prefix 'Other'). :)

Mikekun

hello

I'm can't login to the game. Only see think game on access to world, nothing more.

gretings Mikekun

Fafhred

I have tried hardware acceleration myself, but twice in a row (over 1 day) it caused a BSOD on my system, therefore I deactivated it and will not try it again in its current version.

Configuration (full DxDiags attached):
------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 2/11/2015, 13:12:39
Machine name: ACER_LAPTOP
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.141211-1742)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Acer
System Model: Aspire 5560
BIOS: AcerSystem v2.2
Processor: AMD A6-3420M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics (4 CPUs), ~1.5GHz
Memory: 6144MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 5606MB RAM
Page File: 2418MB used, 8792MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 64bit Unicode

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.