• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Fixed [6075] Ingame times are inconsistent

DeletedUser867

I tested the timer by Creating and then Disbanding a Fellowship at 2:33 AM game time.

It's now 7:11 PM and the popup says that I won't be able to rejoin until 2:33 PM Today.

I suspect that it's actually a 24 hour delay, and that the display was inadvertently set for 12 hours.

I have a pending invite, so I'll try to accept it again shortly after 2:33 AM tomorrow, and I'll report the results.

DeletedUser

I have the 2:42 PM timeframe.. no indication where on this planet....

DeletedUser867

* You cannot join another guild until 2:33 PM today. "
I've had the same message for 18 hours now, and it's been MORE than 24 hours since I disbanded my test fellowship.

Maybe it's an 18 hour timer, but it's more likely that there's a but, and it's never going to reset.

I've got a spot reserved in my preferred Fellowship, so let's ride this one out until know what the time delay is actually supposed to be, and then I'll ask if In-Game support can reset my status.

Marindor

I've got a spot reserved in my preferred Fellowship, so let's ride this one out until know what the time delay is actually supposed to be, and then I'll ask if In-Game support can reset my status.

I'm sorry to have to tell you that there is no possibility for us to do that yet. However, we have immediately requested this feature yesterday so hopefully, this functionality will be added for us soon.

Would you please let us know the outcome after 24 hours? It should be 24 hours, but just to be certain of course.

Also, are there more people experiencing the 12 hour countdowner where it should be 24 hours?

A little bit of additional information:
  • The limit of 24 hours starts counting down the moment you join a fellowship, not when you leave it. If you leave or get kicked from a fellowship after having been in it for 24 hours or more, you can join another fellowship straight away.
  • The times are server times, and are German-based (CET).

DeletedUser867

I was able to join at 6:32 AM in Seattle, which was about 30 hours after I founded a Fellowship specifically to test the rejoin timing. I then posted a note to the ArchMage, and the time stamp was 8:20 AM today, which is CHICAGO time. Go Figure.

The only "clock" I've found, in game, is on the posted messages, but I'll do some poking around about time of day, and I'll post a related report if it's not consistent throughout the game.

My expectation would be that everything ties back to server time, so that we can coordinate our activities. Given that this is a City Builder, we're mostly compulsive list makers, so a ToDo list of some sort is probably what I'll offer as a suggestion.

The "Can't Rejoin Until" message needs to be cleaned up, and the perhaps the game time zone needs to be stated, but the problem is descriptive rather than programmatic.

For my part this is no longer a bug, as anything between 12 hours and a week would be acceptable to me. I just wanted to verify that their WAS a delay.

As soon as you're happy with the related support issues, we can call this resolved. Can you work the same sort of practical magic on the World Map memory leak? :p

Last edited by a moderator:
I was able to join at 6:32 AM in Seattle, which was about 30 hours after I founded a Fellowship specifically to test the rejoin timing. I then posted a note to the ArchMage, and the time stamp was 8:20 AM today, which is CHICAGO time. Go Figure.

The only "clock" I've found, in game, is on the posted messages, but I'll do some poking around about time of day, and I'll post a related report if it's not consistent throughout the game.
Hmm, interesting. We'll do some tests of our own as well. Actual times don't play a big role in Elvenar (as it's mostly countdown timers), but the times that are mentioned should all be consistent. If you do find something, please create a bug report for that, yes! :)
For my part this is no longer a bug, as anything between 12 hours and a week would be acceptable to me. I just wanted to verify that their WAS a delay.
Yep, there is one indeed.
As soon as you're happy with the related support issues, we can call this resolved. Can you work the same sort of practical magic on the World Map memory leak? :p
We're making progress on that issue. We're not quite there yet, but progress is a start! :)
Lazy servers forgot to switch to CEST ^^
Uhh, you can blame that one on me, I suppose. Servers are German time, and German time is indeed CEST now, sorry! :oops:

We have tried testing this again in the new version, but have not been able to reproduce this. Therefore, we're archiving this thread. :)

DeletedUser867

The new Fellowship Chat displays local time, rather than CEST, and the messages appear to be in CEST.
I didn't see a separate thread for timing issues, so I just bumped this one.

We have forwarded a general issue with times used being inconsistent throughout the game now. Thanks for catching that! :)

Changed the thread's title to reflect that. :)