• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Fixed [5929] Mail notification is not always shown

DeletedUser

Hello when you receive a message you do not have any notification. I suggest put a badge with a number of unread messages in the mail button.

I think is for this reason that many people never answer to messages :(

Edition: Sorry didnt know o_O. Its a bug then, I discovered very late an unread mail because I not got the notification badge in the email icon.

But okay! So its already implemented, great! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

How is it possible? When I receive a message a small number appears on the icon message...don't you? :eek:

DeletedUser

I don't know, but I can confirm that a small red number appears on my icon message and it also shows the number of unread messages ;)

DeletedUser43

There should indeed be a notification for unread messages, like this:
HLNiRNh.png

I'll move this thread to the Bugs Forum. :)

DeletedUser205

I can report: it is mostly shown, but not always. Sometimes I find unread mails by accident, because I got no notification

And another fail which sure has the same background:
After I read my mails, the notification isn't away.
I have to click one more time on mails to get rid of it.

DeletedUser

I've noticed that: I've no problems with notifications and when they arrive, a number appears.
The problem is that the message icon doesnt disappear after reading messages: I'm forced to click the icon a seond time...do you know that?
Alessandro
Errata corrige: today I also don't receive mail notification... :(

DeletedUser

The message alert doesn't appear for me either but I noticed that whenever I collect, the same moment the red alert icon appears as well. So if you are inactive, the message alert stays inactive too.

The problem Katzenprinz and Alexander1972 mention almost always happen but it is the notification alert that stays red, not message (probably I don't get as many messages :p) It always need a second clicking for it to disappear

DeletedUser205

oh, the alert is meant as gratification for activity? :)

DeletedUser

so that is really interesting...:D
Yes, I was meaning that the notification alert stays red and it needs a second clicking for disappearing :confused:

We know that this is a problem when you receive an answer to a support ticket, but so far we've not been able to reproduce this with messages received from players, except for circular messages from Fellowships. Is this also a problem with normal 1-on-1 conversations or with normal group conversations?

DeletedUser

The latest one that I witnessed to appear after my collecting was a one-on-one conversation.

DeletedUser205

Yes Muf-Muf, I had this problem also in the days before the fellowshipupdate.
(It is minor in my eyes, therefore I didn't report it)

The latest one that I witnessed to appear after my collecting was a one-on-one conversation.
Alright, thanks for the info. Just wondering: were you online or offline when you received the message? (Just trying to find reproduction steps for the issue, to pin down the cause).

Yes Muf-Muf, I had this problem also in the days before the fellowshipupdate.
(It is minor in my eyes, therefore I didn't report it)
Thanks! Also with 1-on-1 messages?
(And, any bug is worth reporting - however minor or small it may seem. :))

DeletedUser205

yes, absolutly sure with 1-1 mails too.
As I remember I would say "only" with 1-1 mails and not with groupmails,
but I'm not 100% sure about that, because I experienced this problem since weeks (or even month) from time to time.
I would say since the beginning I played (end of january)

DeletedUser594

It seems to be an on/off thing. When I logged on this morning no number
was shown even so there where new messages, but did show the previous day.....
Could have something to do with clearing router history I cleared yesterday??