• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

5 star tournaments

Dony

King of Bugs
To promote a bit fighting with fellowship based tournament i will try to make video of 5 star tournament's province clear for every tournament as an Elf.

This are by no mean perfect clears, i made plenty of mistakes, its just to show people its not so bad if they devote some time to learn fighting and that they should not be afraid that they may loss before even trying it.

I will try to go as deep as possible where all units are level 3 already and thus hardest possible difficulty (i cant guarantee that tho) so that it can be used on every scenario.

Thank you.

Patch 1.20 with bugs
Patch 1.23
New AI v3
5 star province 13-14
https://youtu.be/F2k-APNxGgk
https://youtu.be/-n4p9Njk8c8

Patch 1.20 with bugs
Patch 1.25 with new tournament format
https://youtu.be/_3HZlDAy4lI
Patch 1.21
4 Star

Patch 1.22
5 star province 12
https://youtu.be/_lLo8yF5DbQ

Last edited:

CrazyWizard

Good idea,

but...

To bad you did not chose a challenging province like province 5 but chose one that could almost be done completly on autocombat (on my account with my wonder setup)

Not once have I seen 2,3,4, of even 5 ork generals.
all fights were easy to do with 5x golem, but a lot of fights actually needed 1 or more archers mixed with golems.
Those are the battles most people have troubles with

Only the first battle was interesting since it showed how you sometimes can really abuse the terrain features to your advantage.

Dony

King of Bugs
yeah i am aware of that, was too late for me when i decided to record it, because i didnt had that kind of province anymore (last 4 were this type), but for future i will do both of them

Heymrdiedier

Very good initiative Dony.

im looking forward of a video next week with all the enemy sorceresses.
Altho they might be a lot weaker now since their debuffs arent working, unless we get a patch before tuesday (wich i very much doubt)

Dony

King of Bugs
Since scrolls tournament is quite challenging i uploaded 4 star province clear if somebody need help before tournament finish.
Last battle took me few hours to beat.
I dont know if i will have time for 5 star this evening/morning, if not then next time.

DeletedUser118

Nice Video but in my oppinion Treants are not very useful in this Tournament. I don't have the dogs, so I can't tell if they are (they looked at least) but Golems and Archers do all fine. You just have to make sure you get the mages first. The more mages there are the more Archers (or dogs for the range) you need. I really don't get why you are using the slow Treants nor why you don't attack the Orc Deserters with your Golems. They do harm them quite nicely too. :)

DeletedUser1777

I really like this visual help :)

It would be really helpful too, when someone just give a hint what to use for fighting (like @Katzenprinz just did) a bit earlier. To start fighting when you already in 4/5th star is not the best idea ;)

SoggyShorts

Last battle took me few hours to beat.
I think this, more so even than all of the changes turns people away from fighting as much as in the tournaments.
I wonder if there would be a way to make it so that fighting cleared 2 encounters instead of 1, thereby taking half the time. A simple doubling of the squad sizes should keep the losses from changing.
I don't really have time to manually fight any, so I'm the wrong person to make a proper suggestion on this, so I'm posting it here.

Dony

King of Bugs
small update, i have finished whole round with 5 star province clears apart from scrolls which ended at monday
i will do a second round with new AI and new model of tournament (4 battles/province)
you can also use this to check what kind of maps you will encounter in each tournament and plan your autocombat before hand

Dony

King of Bugs
for people who are making guides for each tournament province type here is a setup for crystal after province 22, maps are all open so mist walker can hit 4 or all 5 our squads at start
crystal22.png

Heymrdiedier

for people who are making guides for each tournament province type here is a setup for crystal after province 22, maps are all open so mist walker can hit 4 or all 5 our squads at start
View attachment 2419
since the preview map doesn't look like its going to happen, maybe i can offer another suggestion.
If you fight manually the fighting doesnt start untill you click a button ready to start. And you can retreat while its not your turn also (so you can retreat when the enemy has first strike)

Deleted User - 60107

since the preview map doesn't look like its going to happen, maybe i can offer another suggestion.
If you fight manually the fighting doesnt start untill you click a button ready to start. And you can retreat while its not your turn also (so you can retreat when the enemy has first strike)
What are you talking about? What button? Fighting starts as soon as the battlefield loads. I just checked, using a single squad of Sword Dancer II - the Enchantress moved first, without me doing anything.

And since when can we retreat during enemy turn, when the retreat button is inactive during enemy turn?

Dony

King of Bugs
What are you talking about? What button? Fighting starts as soon as the battlefield loads. I just checked, using a single squad of Sword Dancer II - the Enchantress moved first, without me doing anything.

And since when can we retreat during enemy turn, when the retreat button is inactive during enemy turn?

maybe i can offer another suggestion.

Sir Squirrel

LMAO, they took half your idea so they could say that players asked for this, but then added 4x or more troops and goods and less individual rewards, so live players think we are purposely trying to ruin the game. I have seen this before! (I have seen this on live "Why would beta players suggest this!!"). I am starting to wonder if they even read the whole suggestion or just get half way through and then just wing it from there, lol.

Last edited:

Dony

King of Bugs
I have uploaded crystal province 22 clear which has different setup then lower provinces
fun fact is that it took me same amount of time to clear 4 encounters then 8 before

DeletedUser1163

That's a very good idea you have Dony. Thank you. I've been testing out some battle strategies when on Tournaments and post them to our message board to help out our new players, who are just about to give up because fighting is so difficult for them. I usually manually battle but today too tired, so I trusted my troops had been paying attention to the drill instructor in the barracks. This is what happened on the battlefield. I was so excited watching that I forgot to list the number of units in each squad.

PLANKS TOURNAMENT
Elite Archer, Cerberus II, Golem II, Orc Strategist, Vallorian Guard vs
2 Bandit II, Dryad, 2 Ancient Orcs, Orc General

What a battle! My Elite Archers were targeting Ancient Orcs but had to keep their distance because Orcs do serious damage to archers. No problem. Take a Cerberus into battle with you. He will take care of that Dryad and help chew up the Bandit’s crossbows. I don’t think Golems like Orcs. They helped protect my Elite Archers. Tough-skinned Vallorian Guards slowed down the Orc Generals while the Orc Strategists finished off any Bandits or Dryads the Cerberus missed.

An Elite Archer, Cerberus II, Golem II, Sorceress II and a Banshee are a good unit matchup to defeat these enemy units also.

It’s so cool to watch when you choose the right units to take into battle. I gave the order “Finish Battle Automatically!” Then sat back to watch my troops fight on their own. They don't always do what I want them to do but this time they did, with no casualties.

DeletedUser1163

First time I completed 12 Provinces in the Crystal Tournament. Would you like to know what I found out about the Golem and Banshee?

Golems don’t like Orcs. They’re faster than a Treant & have a wicked
fast ball, uh rock, that never misses its mark. An Orc & a Cerberus don’t
stand a chance. A Golem’s rocks are more lethal than a Knight’s lance.

Banshees love screaming in the face of Cannoneers II. She freezes
them if they get within her sight. Just protect her from a Cerberus’ bite.​

DeletedUser1163

Shadowblack, you can enter battle and when it's your turn, leave it without any consequences by surrendering.
Some of us use this feature to check the battle terrain or use it to pull out our troops if the battle’s not going in our favor.

Be careful hitting auto-battle. Once you press that button you can’t stop the fight, if your troops are being pummeled by the enemy's might.