• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Fixed [4832] Special attack/defence abilities while striking back

DeletedUser

There might be an error with Special attack/defence capabilities used while striking back.

Example, a stack of sword dancers vs. a stack of Knights. The knights have a 60% damage bonus and a 30% defence bonus vs. light melee units/the dancers:

* dancer attacks Knight -> 30% defence applied (correct)
* knight strikes back at dancer -> 30% defence applied (wrong, shouldn't it be 60% attack?)

or

* knight attacks dancer -> 60% attack applied (correct)
* dancer strikes back at knight -> 60% attack applied (wrong, should't it be 30% defence here?)

p.s. Also, you might consider to write defence bonuses as positive numbers (that's what boni are, otherwise they would be mali), without the "-", or call them defence modifications and keep minus. Might be misleading otherwise. :)

DeletedUser58

Can confirm I've been experienced this as well. Wasn't fully sure if the bonuses -should- be applied when striking back, but I've noticed they haven't been applied.

DeletedUser18

I thought I might point out a bit of information from our wiki. Keep in mind our wiki is still a work in progress, but at the moment the following can be found there:
The total Squad Hitpoints value corresponds to the living Units and is given from: Total Hitpoints/Unit Weight. The total Squad Damage is not reduced for every lost Unit by its damage. A squad where some Units are lost attacks with at least half the Damage of a full Squad even when only one Unit is left.

At the bottom of this page.
I realize this may not be the complete information everyone may be looking for, but it does begin to explain some of the basic battle mechanics. We will share additional information as it becomes available, thanks all :)

DeletedUser

Hello Zarok Dai, thanks for answering. :)

Unfortunately the wiki passage you quoted is not at all related to the issue I was trying to Point out. Your quote might be an explanation for Khebeln's unpleasant damage surprises he is describing here:
http://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/inproper-dmg-calculation.187/

What I meant was something else, sorry for any misunderstandings:

A knight has according to its description a +60% attack bonus vs. light melee and a -30% defence bonus vs. light melee. This means vs. light melee he should deal more damage if striking and receive less when struck.

Now there is the ability of "strike back". When my sword dancer (light melee) attacks a knight, and the knight then uses his strike back ability, damage is modified by -30%, which I think is inconsistent, because in that moment the Knight, although attacking does NOT gain his usual damage bonus, his strikes are even less damaging, although the dancer himself does not have any defence bonus against the Knight.

So if you consider "striking back" to be an attack (which I think it is, although it takes place during the defence phase) it should gain the +60% attack Bonus instead.

DeletedUser126

Ahh good to know, as logically for anyone playing similar games that mechanic made no sense whatsoever :p

DeletedUser18

I can only provide the information I can confirm at this time. As for the mechanics making sense, I would never dare to claim that as what makes sense to one may not make sense to another ;)
I will see if I can get some more detailed battle information for you all, thanks.

DeletedUser628

Thank you all for the report and the information. This appears to be simply wrongly presented while the correct bonus is still applied in battle, but we will let you know once we can confirm that.

What we can confirm is that this is happening:
http://i.imgur.com/1F7dJ4h.png Sword Dancer vs. Knight where both the attack and the counterattack show -30%, while the counter attack should show 60% as it's show here for example: http://i.imgur.com/zLbK7X7.png

Even if the correct bonus is applied, the shown percentages do not seem correct.