• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Fixed [4832] Broken Valor and Daze Enemies abilities not working properly

DeletedUser628

Both abilities are currently still broken and the bonuses are applied negatively on the respective units. The issue has been reported to the developers so hopefully we'll see it it resolved sometime soon.

DeletedUser

but it seems to me the debuff of treant is right, instead the debuff of sorceress is still wrong (but I'm not sure...)

No, it's not. The own attack is weakened instead of the enemies'. Hitting e.g. a cerberus you get a bonus of 20% instead of 40%, what it should be. But this doesn't matter that much, because it's only 20%.

-----

There seems to be another issue with 'Wound Enemies' from Golems. It seems to work properly when inflicted (didn't expect that :)), but after that attacks on that target have no additional effect.

DeletedUser778

If I understand the daze debuff right (Weakens attack of target in the current round), means my Golems who have a lower initiative then Ents will also do 20% damage less to the units the ents attacked and that does matter, since i often use mixed squads.
I think it's a really major bug and it's not fixed after one month!
Maybe because it only affects elves what are roughly half the players and not many are so far (even I need 10 KPs more for my Treant promotion), but a lot players will encounter it soon, so it really should have some priority.

Edit: I'm not a programmer, but mathematical it looks like making some minus a plus, so it doesn't really look to hard to change.

DeletedUser628

We understand the severity of the issue, as do the developers. However, not every bug can be fixed right away --- some get resolved quickly, some take a longer time. It might not be an easy issue to fix, that would depend on what exactly is causing the problem; but there are other issues as well and a lot of other work so this cannot be the sole focus of the developers. Which does not mean it gets overlooked, simply that it cannot be first priority. The bug is with the abilities and enemy units have those abilities as well, which means it can affect battles in general, and that gives it a high priority but not necessarily first one.

Should there be any updates on the matter, we'll notify you. Apologies for any inconvenience in the meantime.

DeletedUser

Just found out first hand the Sorceress is the most useless unit of all .... Confirming this issue using Sorceress currently is more harmful than giving any benefit to us .... Not only does the Sorceress do not have any effect on the opponents it reduces our units attack powers also ... I just used it and almost lost all my units and now have vowed to myself will never use them till some kind of fix is applied and informed to us ... I am not even training them as I feel having them in army might also make my other units lose their morale to fight ...:p:D

DeletedUser651

Could we at least get an update on this issue? What do the devs say about it? Do they know how to fix it? Do they have an estimate for when it will be fixed? Communication would mean a lot. :)

DeletedUser628

Hey bobbykitty,

If there was any additional information we'd love to share it, but sadly there isn't at this time. There is an update planned for the 12th of May, hopefully a fix comes with that update. Though I cannot confirm that will be the case, we can certainly keep our fingers crossed.

DeletedUser628

Am happy to confirm that this was fixed with the 0.16 game update. :)

DeletedUser778

Hmm for me nothing has changed. Dazed enemys still get -20% damage and valored enemys -60%

DeletedUser628

Hmm for me nothing has changed. Dazed enemys still get -20% damage and valored enemys -60%
That is in fact correct. Dazed enemies should get -20% and Valored enemies should get -60%, as that is how the abilities work.

The issue was, upon hitting an enemy, the original units were affected by these abilities (so Treants got -20% from their own Daze and Sorceresses got -60% from their own Valor). This is no longer the case.

DeletedUser778

Daze Enemies: Weakens attack of target in the current round.
Broken Valor: Weakens attack of target until the end of next round.

I think you misunderstood my "get"

I tried my sorceress and after attacking enemy archers my archers still do -40% damage (+20% archer bonus - 60% bugged broken valor) to the anemy archers that got hit by the sorceress first.

Same for daze: Attacking knights with treants and then with golems result in +20% (+40% golem bonus - 20% bugged daze)
Hitting orcs with one squad treants result in 100% damage to the orcs and debuffing them, but then the next treants attacking the orcs deal -20% damage.

Valored Golem II get hit by Archers -40% dmg golem bonus - 60% valor "bonus" = no damage at all.
unbenanntous2z.jpg

So daze/broken valor is still a damage resistance buff for the enemy and sorceress are total useless and treants aren't as usefull as they should be.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser628

Ah, I see now what you mean. Apologies for the confusion. We can confirm that is indeed taking place, and we shall pass this on for a re-check. Thank you!

DeletedUser

Its happening to me also and I have to again stop using Sorceress ...I don't mind using Treants with their defect because they do cause heavy damage even without the special ability ...

Well Shouldn't this be moved from the fixed thread after darkstar's confirmation of the issue ?? Both the abilities - Daze Enemies & Broken valor are still not working properly ... Don't want other Elves get misled into thinking its fixed and try using them ... More often than not will end up losing the battle along with all their units if at all they do ...

DeletedUser628

We'll move it once we get the go to for that. There are internal procedures by which me move threads, but even though the thread is currently here, as mentioned above we've reported the issue to be re-checked.

DeletedUser

Despite the fact, that there were varying reports, I gave my sorceresses a first try today :(. How could you sell this bug as fixed??

DeletedUser628

Despite the fact, that there were varying reports, I gave my sorceresses a first try today :(. How could you sell this bug as fixed??
It is partially fixed, the first attack works as it should, and I must have missed the fact that the issue still persists for any future attacks. That's a mistake on my part for confirming it as fixed, apologies.

DeletedUser

Hmm, I don't feel that you have to apologize, it seems to me, that you're doin' all you can. But how can this 'fix' of a really well described bug go live, where just the unimportant part was worked on?

DeletedUser

I really hate to say I told you so..... But then I already did warn about the consequences of using the Sorceress in the current form in this thread :D .... went through the same thing yesterday immediately after they said its fixed and lost my whole bunch trying to fight Golem II and steinlings on the map :( ... tried again today after reading @LordB's report and only then i knew that this was actually not fixed and is a very misleading information ...

DeletedUser224

:(
ufff! (I don't know how translate this...)

Last edited by a moderator: