• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Fixed [4832] Broken Valor and Daze Enemies abilities not working properly

DeletedUser119

Hi,

I'm not sure if it's a bug or just me who haven't understood how unit's bonus works, so I prefer asked here first.
There's something strange when I fight against cerberus II.

Here the info about a group of cerberus II that I've fought :

So if I understand properly, if I use an archer against cerberus, my archer will do 80% less damages et takes 90% more damages (definitly the wrong units to use, but it's not the problem here)

But when I fight the bonus which appears seems different.

Here my archer attacks the cerberus II :

Why -100% here? Shouldn't it be -80%?

And when the cerberus II attacks my archer :

Why +100% ? Is it the +90% attack bonus and +10% from the debuff Wounded?
But if the debuff Wounded is counted, why the debuff Weakened Attack from my sorceress isn't?

DeletedUser

To me this looks like a bug. I never saw a unit info screen with a 'Debuff', but as it describes what the debuff does, it should not have an influence on the cerberus defense and even lower the attack.

Edit: And what is really bad: If it is, how it seems, this is ruining the main purpose of the sorceress.

DeletedUser119

Thanks for your answer.

So, there're probably 2 bugs here :
- cerberus II info screen is wrong (since it's the -100/+100% which is applied in battle instead of -80/+90%)
- sorceress debuff don't work

I'll try using sorceress in other battle to see if it's happening everytime.

DeletedUser629

Thank you for posting this, Liathary. It seems to me the debuff doesn't count vs the Cerberus bonus stats of 90%, only it's normal attack is lowered. However, this could also be an issue with the sorceress, so please post your screenies here if this happens all the time, we can then move this to the bug section to have it investigated.

DeletedUser

No, I think 80/90 are the right numbers and 100/100 is caused by sorceress cast not working correctly (There also may remain the possibility of just showing wrong number's and not affecting real damage).

DeletedUser119

so please post your screenies here if this happens all the time, we can then move this to the bug section to have it investigated.
Thanks, I'll do that.

There also may remain the possibility of just showing wrong number's and not affecting real damage)
No, since my archer really do 0 damages. So it's the -100% which is applied
But i'll try to figure it out if it comes from the sorceress debuff

DeletedUser629

I'll await the screenies, there is a good chance it's a bug. if so, i'll move it to that section for further investigation.

DeletedUser205

as far as I tried to use my sorceress, their "Broken Valor"-ability didn't make any noticeable affect.
Therefore IMHO it's mostly waste of the fifth armyplace to use the sorceress.
I nearly never use them now, because the damage they can bring is much to less.

DeletedUser119

I confirm it's a bug from the sorceress debuff.

If my archer attacks a cerberus II without the sorceress debuff, then the bonus is the same as in the screen info

So no problem here.

But if I put the sorceress debuff another units, I'll see again some strange bonus.

For exemple with the debuff on a Knight (he is supposed to makes +60% damages and takes -30% damages against sword dancer)

If my sword dancer attacks the knight :

so the knight take -90% damage instead of -30%.

If the knigt with the sorceress debuff attack my sword dancer, the applied bonus is correct :

So the debuff from sorceress don't reduce damage from adverse units, but from our own units !!!
Sorceress are totally useless like that

So this thread can be moved in bugs and errors please. And the name of the topic should be changed a little too since it isn't a problem with cerberus but with sorceress ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser629

So the debuff from sorceress don't reduce damage from adverse units, but from our own units !!!
Sorceress are totally useless like that

So this thread can be moved in bugs and errors please. And the name of the topic should be changed a little too since it isn't a problem with cerberus but with sorceress ;)

Done. We will investigate this matter, as there sure seems to be a problem with that spell. Thanks for the feedback :)

DeletedUser628

Thank you all for information and screenshots. :) So it appears the issue on both sides is caused by the debuff from the sorceress. Will follow up on this, as it does indeed make the sorceress more harmful than helpful at this time.

DeletedUser

Although I was not able to take screenshots, 'Daze Enemies' of the Treants seems to have a similar issue, at least it seems to lower own attacks instead of attacks from the dazed enemy. It feels very ugly, with the actual strength of the enemies to face such a handicap, these are high priority bugs.

DeletedUser224

maybe yes ... but now I have checked in combat, the debuff is still wrong

DeletedUser224

but it seems to me the debuff of treant is right, instead the debuff of sorceress is still wrong (but I'm not sure...)