• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Fixed [4749] Completed Provinces counter is defect

DeletedUser855

I places a City Expantion after that the game crasht and i reload the page.
Then i saw the Expantion is not placed and i cant place it again.

DeletedUser

Oh Oh :eek:...I was planning to place an expansion tonight which I am in need so badly ... Now i am worried ....Can someone from the Elvenar staff please check on this and if there's some bug try to have it rectified as early as possible.... I will wait for the reply ... Worried I will also lose my expansion the same way ...cannot afford to as my whole game progress depends on this expansion at the moment...:(

Marindor

Thank you for reporting this guys. There indeed seems to be an issue with expansions at the moment. Could you please provide us with as much detailed information on this as possible? (Like: What kind of expansion was it, where in your town did you try to place it, if it was a province map expansion: The how-manieth was it, and what was the exact error message)? Please also, if you haven't done so already, send in a support ticket about this so we cannot overlook anyone here when fixing it for you! Thank you very much for your help on this!

DeletedUser800

General Description (Overview):
After placing a province expansion i get an error message. Tooltip displays wrong number of completed provinces before that.

1) Checked the „province expansion“ tooltip. Said completed 28 (or 29, ain't sure), required 33.

2) Started combat, completed 2 (or 3, ain't sure) provinces.

3) Checked again, tooltip said completed 32, required 33.

4) Conquered next province, popup said 2 provinces to go, checked build menu, expansion available. Built expansion, got error message. Refreshed, tooltip says completed 31, required 33.

What I expected to happen:
To get an error message. ;)

What actually happened:
--

How often has this happened:
This time only. Would try to reproduce error myself, but my troops seem somewhat depleted atm. ;)

Screenshots/Additional information:
--

Reproduction Steps:
1. Maybe the bug relates to my „scouting“. Starting combat, checking terrain and lineup, giving up. I did this several times (2-3 times) with the last sector of the province before step 3 above. Maybe giving up the last fight in a province counts as completed for the expansion menu.

Player Name: Agunsil
World: Beta
Operating System:
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.150202-1526)
Browser and Version: Firefox 36.0.1
Flash Version:

-Adobe Flash Player 16 ActiveX Version 16.0.0.305
-Adobe Flash Player 17 NPAPI Version 17.0.0.134
(I mention the IE variant for completeness sake. Have to use IE for FoE, can't get it started with Firefox. Probably problems with cookies.)

Screen Resolution:

Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Native Mode: 1920 x 1080(p) (60.000Hz)

Marindor

We have just been able to reproduce this issue ourselves and have forwarded it to the development team for fixing.

Exact Reproduction steps:

1. Have at least 1 province scouted & completed
2. Check how many provinces you need till the next province expansion (in my case, this was 3)
3. Clear one more province (total provinces now = 2)
4. Go to Build Menu > Expansions
5. Observe: a new expansion is ready to be built, according to the menu (you can select and place it)
6. Try to place it
7. Internal error occurs (makes sense, because you don't actually have the expansion, so the game can't place it)
8. Click OK on the error message (game reloads automatically)
9. Go to Build Menu > Expansions
10: Observe: the counter is correct again

So, for everyone encountering this problem: It is an error in displaying the number of needed provinces, there are no expansions lost. You just shouldn't have been able to build them yet, because the counter in the game counts each victory as 2 (instead of one). Refreshing the game solves this issue.

So, for example: The Game tells you that you need 2 more provinces for the next expansion. You get 1 province, but the game at that point counts is as 2, so it says: You need 0 more provinces (while in fact, you still need 1 more). Then, when you try to place this expansion (which you should not be able to place yet), the error pops up. The game then refreshes automatically, correcting the counter in the Build Menu. This then displays that you will need another Province to unlock the Expansion, which is correct. So, just to be clear: There are no expansions lost, the game just corrects itself and when you conquer that other province, you will be able to place the expansion, just like you should.

Please also see this page in our Elvenar Wiki for an overview of how many provinces you need per expansion.

DeletedUser

I have the Same Problem.
I Finished the second Province and become an Expansion.
I Placed the Expansion and the game sais Internal Error. The Expansion is not Available
Update: I finished the 3rd Province and became 1 Expansion. The 2nd Expansion was not Available.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser885

Yes thats the whole bug, it shows you have 2 expansions, but you only have 1.

DeletedUser

grmbl the same Bug Again. I finished a Province have a new Expansion, place that in my city. Internal Error!! No Expansion.grrrrrr

DeletedUser

Same problem twice, place expansion and get "internal error" message, I reload and expansion is not there.

DeletedUser

I have solution...after place expansion reload page and extension is aplicadet :D

DeletedUser

I had the same bug, I won an expansion with relics, but when I placed it, error message and authomatic reload and the expansion disepeared :(

DeletedUser

After check, I have 21 expansions in my game : 8 with 28 completed provinces, 3 with research and 10 of the beginning so everything alright