• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Fixed [4701] Units don't always finish their turn on their own

DeletedUser31

World: ZZ1
Account: Hoshi

Current: In battle when a unit has no movement left and they can not attack any enemy unit, they don't always finish their turn.

Screenshot: http://prntscr.com/5w5p5l

The only enemy unit is out of the Archer's range, he can not attack. He doesn't have any movement points left either.

Expected: In the case of no movement ponts left and not being able to attack any enemy, they always should end their turn automatically.

Reproduction: I'm not sure about this, seems random to me.

DeletedUser18

I'm not sure this is a bug actually.
Whether the unit can move or attack in it's turn isn't the point, it still needs it's turn acknowledged and completed for the battle to continue. The way to do this is to just click it in it's place, which you can also choose to do even if it can be moved 1 or more hexes. I believe this mechanic is working as intended.

DeletedUser31

I thought this is a bug because I didnt have to click on them or the end turn button in the first turn.

For example I moved my Sword Dancers, and they moved their 6 hexes, and the next unit was highlighted automatically. So I only had to manually end turn for only a few units.

DeletedUser

I can confirm the issue, it happens to me sometimes. Units with no movements points left and no target close enough don't always end their turn as they would normally do.

DeletedUser18

Well let's make sure what is happening then. We will start testing and trying to reproduce this consistently. Before we can report an issue to the Dev Team we must be able to reproduce it consistently with the same triggering event. If anyone can gather any details of things that cause this to happen every time please let me know. Thanks everyone, great work!

DeletedUser

I do have a screenshot :

1422057058-bug-unitsdontendtheirturns1.png

If my memories are correct, I remember that the bug often happens when my barbarians are one tile distant from another unit, as on the screenshot.

EDIT : And only two turns after, here is my crossbowmen :D That's the first time I see the bug on them. But again they just lack one hexagone to hit the ennemy.

1422057370-bug-unitsdontendtheirturns2.png

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser31

Looking on the pictures I figured out one thing:

On both of JahldeVautban's and my pictures with the Crossbowman and Archer (so the Short Ranged units) the enemi is just slightly out of reach. Both of these units have 4 hexes of range. In my picture the range is marked with green: http://prntscr.com/5wctg4
On JahldeVautban's picture: http://prntscr.com/5wcuvd

So it happened in a case where the enemy was not in the same "line". What I consider as a line (green-line; red-not line): http://prntscr.com/5wcvd7
The enemy unit is next to the final hex. I don't know how the system counts the range, only the devs can see into it, but I hope this helped a little.

For the melee unit: I'm still thinking of that.

DeletedUser18

I have confirmed this issue, but have not confirmed yet if it is intended to function this way. As soon as I know I will inform you all, thank you.

DeletedUser336

having a similar problem...sword dancer next to target .. click on it to attack and another player moves (usually archer) and attacks. the sword dancer does not attack yet is highlighted in yellow for its turn

Marindor

Reproduction steps:

1. Start a battle
2. Move your unit so that it needs 1 more hex to move to attack another unit, and make sure that uses all the unit's moves
3. Instead of automatically finishing the turn, you have to click on the unit manually, though it can't do any more action anyway (move nor attack)

Affects both races, with different browsers. Doesn't always happen, no clear pattern found in when it does and when it does not.

Last edited: