• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Duplicate [4699] The messaging system

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser136

There are actually two separate bugs happening with the current messaging system that I've noticed.

The first bug happens when you receive a message... every time it shows a 2 message alert instead of 1, and if the message you receive is a reply to one you originally sent, it will notify you of 3 messages instead of 1. This happens every time I receive a message.

The other bug is 'reappearing' messages. Some messages you receive an alert for and read mysteriously reappear and re-alert you hours later. You don't get an actual second copy of the message, it just changes to a new message again. This does not happen every time, but it has randomly happened at least 3 or 4 times.

Amy Steele

Forum/QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
I haven't experienced either of these issues myself so far, probably as I haven't received or sent many messages yet, so if anyone can confirm either that would be awesome. Also if anyone would like to help me confirm this, please send me a message (or 3 :D) in game.

DeletedUser126

It happens to me a lot, i get 20-30 msg a day in game from other players asking for tips or having questions about the game.

DeletedUser236

I'll post the screenshots I just made here as well, just to be sure :p

72PgGNc.png
a06M4xd.png

DeletedUser236

Same thing this morning: 3 notifications, but 2 messages

ye7riba.png
aUIU6Do.png

DeletedUser

Same thing this morning: 3 notifications, but 2 messages

I can see 3 unread messages in your second post?! One older message is marked as unread. Perhaps that's the thing...I did not have this problem because my message system is not tested very much

Amy Steele

Forum/QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
Bernardus is correct :)
There are indeed 3 unread messages in the second image - the top 2 and the bottom message on that page are all unread. Well spotted Bernardus :)

DeletedUser

Thanks, Amy. But keep investing because other players, including khebeln, have the same experiences.

DeletedUser236

But I already read that first message (so two of them were actually unread), so why was it marked unread again then? :eek:

Amy Steele

Forum/QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
Ah! With you now Acamax - Thanks for the clarification, I'll have to watch for that happening :)

DeletedUser278

New issue with the messaging system. Today, februari 16th, I got an alert from the message system, stating I had 2 new messages. One conversation had a new message which was indeed sent today. But turns out there was also a new message in that same conversation from the 12th, to which I was never alerted. There was also a new message about a support ticket having been answered, which is dated the 13th. I also never got alerted about that message either, until now.

DeletedUser

I have the problem that there is no notification when I receive a message. Other players must think I am rude for playing and not responding to their messages. Even when support answers me, I do not get notification ( the red star ).

Status
Not open for further replies.