• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Fixed [4503] Enemy path bug ?

DeletedUser

Hi
I'm making new thread because this bug is a little different than "invisible walls" on battlefield. As you can see on the picture when i hoover my mouse over the melee chick (forgot the unit name) to see where she can move in her next turn (hexagons with red borders) it shows only that she can move upwards near the archers. But during her turn she went south. I don't know if somebody noticed this or maybe it was some temporary glitch but I checked a few times.

211mgs6.png

DeletedUser85

Isn't the red path marking her way from the original starting place?

DeletedUser

From my experience in battles it is like Sabertooth said, the red Hexagons mark the spots that an enemy unit can walk to. And it happened to me quite some often already that the path they took in their turn wasn't shown in the preview which did cost me a bunch of units...Seems to me like it mostly appears on maps that have the "invisible wall" bug aswell.

DeletedUser

The red border is an equivalent of yellow border for axe-man so as seen in picture it shows possible moves - as Duradan said. Five of those brave guys seen in squad lost their lives in order to deliver information about this bug :(

DeletedUser

In my experience this usually happens when another unit that was blocking that one has moved out of the way, for example by being wiped out. The hexes that are shown are the ones that that unit could move to at the end of its previous turn (and can reach now). I've stopped paying attention to them at all.

DeletedUser236

It doesn't seem to be related since there isn't anything blocking the path when this issue happens..
I just lost a stack of archers because of the bug described above.. The red hexagons showed that the enemy wouldn't be able to reach me, but despite that it killed my whole stack in one hito_O..

So I guess the tip for now is to count the hexagons yourself and don't trust the red hexagons :D

DeletedUser236

I just encountered the same issue again and made a screenshot of it

QlJtcoS.jpg

You can see that the enemy shouldn't be reaching either of my archers, but yet it did :(

DeletedUser

In my experience this usually happens when another unit that was blocking that one has moved out of the way, for example by being wiped out. The hexes that are shown are the ones that that unit could move to at the end of its previous turn (and can reach now). I've stopped paying attention to them at all.

same experience. I started counting hex fields by myself to stay safe...

DeletedUser628

Just wanted to confirm that shmike's information is correct, at the start of each round the units get the red hexes to show their potential movement at that time. However, the red hexes remain as such and do not update themselves throughout the round. Thus any non-red hexes remain as such till the end of that round as well.

Thank you all for the information, we'll keep you updated on the topic.

Last edited by a moderator: