• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Fixed [4474] Black Screen

DeletedUser108

Hi Community

Sometimes the game freezes and I click reload in my Browser. Then the game reloads and everything is perfect again. But just a second ago I reloaded the game and everytime I did this appeared:

elvenar_bug01.jpg

I did already have similar problems, that I cant show a screenshot of, because right now nothing is working.
I play in the Browser "Mozilla Firefox 35.0.1".
My System is Windows XP.
And I am playing on 1680 x 1050 pixel.

What else could you need to solve this?

Spite

DeletedUser108

Now since I wrote this it looks like that:

elvenar_bug02.jpg

DeletedUser108

When I zoom in the trees appear. But nothing else. When I move the map this happens:

elvenar_bug03.jpg

DeletedUser108

Just downloaded Google Chrome, to let my builder work again.
There it's working normal again!
But with firefox it's still buggy.

DeletedUser18

Thanks for the feedback. Have you tried clearing your cache on firefox? By proving that switching browser had a positive effect, it may be related to the cache on your original browser. Though depending on specific system configurations many people get better performance from one or the other. Just something to consider :)

DeletedUser108

Mh... I tried to clear the cache on firefox. It's still all black (after reloading).

DeletedUser18

Thanks for testing this, I will add it to our existing information.

DeletedUser108

Well, I need to say that everything is working again. Sometime it freezes as usually, but I can reload it again and it's working then. I guess it was actually somethin about the browser...
By the way: The freeze occurs to me when I click on the world map button. So it freezes, while world map is loading.

DeletedUser18

So you are saying this happens exclusively when loading the world map? So it has never occurred going to city or entering a battle?

DeletedUser108

Yes. I had it several times now, that the game freezes, while loading the World Map. (Thought that the blackscreen yesterday occoured after reloading the game)

DeletedUser

You are not alone. My browser frezzes seldom, too. But I think this have something to to with my long playing time and the big amount of memory usage (actually: FF 670Mb and Flash 1100Mb). I usually never close the browser window . I observed this in other games, Firefox crashes often if I reached a critical memory usage ~3,5Gb.

Firefox 35.0.1
Win 8
16GB RAM
1920x1080

DeletedUser108

Well, it's not Firefox that crashes, but I also noticed that the freezes of my screen (while loading the world map) occur always after a long browser session... Maybe we should make a break :)

DeletedUser

I my case I had yesterday a freeze. I checked the memory usage and it grows and grows (every second 20 Mb)... so in the game is definitly a memory leak if you have the browser very long open.
Your fault is not the same as I have, but it could be the same reason.

DeletedUser

hello
it happens to me only after visiting my Hood , after 7-8 or so...
black screen.. green beehive ( hexagon) ...
and only if i visit Hood after log in..

Windows 8.1
IE 11
flash player 16
1366x 768

DeletedUser108

As I don't have the game open anymore for that long I expierence the freeze/black screen not that often anymore. But I tried it in Firefox, Opera and Google Chrome. It's a problem in all of these browsers.(If the game is open for that long).

Thanks for reporting, it is currently fixed and ready for testing internally and will be part of our next update. As such, we'll leave this thread here - it is not needed to report this issue again, unless it still happens after our next update.

DeletedUser

Hi Community

Sometimes the game freezes and I click reload in my Browser. Then the game reloads and everything is perfect again. But just a second ago I reloaded the game and everytime I did this appeared:

elvenar_bug01.jpg

I did already have similar problems, that I cant show a screenshot of, because right now nothing is working.
I play in the Browser "Mozilla Firefox 35.0.1".
My System is Windows XP.
And I am playing on 1680 x 1050 pixel.

What else could you need to solve this?

Spite
i just had this problem. it does not disapear when i refresh, i need to Close my Explorer down. i have windows 7 and on 1600*900 pixel.
i have cleared my cash, but it still happends now and then