• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Fixed [4474] Black screen after visiting neighbours

DeletedUser594

I stopped going to the map except to return a favor or trying my luck
to conker a province.. Remember the problem FoE and that GvG map!!
Some lessons should have been learned from this!! As this game is in
development maybe a rethink is in order! So take out the map and shoot it...
That was supposed to be funny! Good thing is, I never tried to make a living
being funny!! :p :D
Nearly forgot: Not using animation here or in FOE and it makes no difference
at all! My Computer is at a high games level! Playing other games without any
problems, but than there ain't any maps!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser118

The "funny" part about this game is, you can play all sorts of highend PC games with no problems at all, but a simple browser game is causing you lots of troubles...

Is it really that complicated to get rid of this mess? I mean it worked just fine before the devs started to "improve" the speed of the map 2 or 3 updates ago. Now its getting worse with every next update. What are you doing? Shouldn't it be better and not worse with each update?

DeletedUser205

Only want to say +1 with the crashes while polishing (and other manoevers on worldmap), when trying to visit somebody via rankinglist or via fellowshipwindow.
But to me it is a new experience since yesterday, and this reportthread is an old one.
The EARLIER reported problems are confirmed, aren't they?
I don't think that it is a good idea to mix the new problems in here,
IMHO they started with implementation of fellowshipfeatures.
And I learned yesterday, that the numbers of bugs are counted by the confirmed buttons, so I would recommend shown problems in other context not to mix voluntaryly into old confirmed reports who are looking somehow similar (here problems in context with worldmap) ;)

DeletedUser778

By the way: For me (still using Firefox, see above) it is not a black screen anymore. The plugin now crashes with an exclamation mark and a circle around it. The background is white. But it's still due to a memory leak.
I have the blackscreen still from time to time, but the exclamation mark is indeed more often now.

DeletedUser283

I can still pay my visits to all my neighbours, by batches of 10, and reloading the game in between ...
from time to time, the game may freeze and waterfox advises me that the flash plugin is inactive (i.e. not responding) and offers to "stop" it, which lets things cool down;
I tried to visit 13 cities in a row, and the game almost died on me :confused:

DeletedUser

I have always that blackscreen after visited 5 neigbours

DeletedUser

I have and blackscreen and explanation mark every time i visit a fellow or neighbour. A few days ago i could at least visit 4 or 5 perhaps (if lucky). It is so much worse now! I don't have animation on!

DeletedUser

I only have crashed about 10 visits to my neighbours or my fellows...am I so lucky? :eek:

DeletedUser503

The blackscreens have improved somewhat, but the flash crash is an ongoing,
irritating problem. It does seem to happen worse with big cities, but hey,
most of my Fellowship members are active with large cities and they are
the ones who deserve polishing of culture first and foremost. I continue to reload
but this problem really really needs to be fixed asap as patience will eventually
run out for alot of players and they will start throwing up their hands in disgust
and leaving the game.