• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Fixed [4474] Black screen after visiting neighbours

DeletedUser1250

I have had several times a black screen when visiting a neighbour and that looks very weird. It happened yesterday evening. I had visited several neighbours already to help them and it went well, although it was very slow and I had problems with the map loading (partly loading and very slowly). And then all of a sudden, I got the black screen. The whole city of the neighbour was gone, it was all black. Returning home didn't help. I logged off and in again, didn't help either. Then restarted my computer, that helped. Just for a few, after visiting some neighbours I got the same black background again. I was wondering if I should update flash player or something, just didn't have time today to check it.

DeletedUser283

there is a newer version of the flash plugin : 18.0.0.160

DeletedUser1250

I got a black screen again today after visiting some neighbours.
I closed the site, opened the site again, logged back in and it was solved. Didn't get another black screen.
I checked the flash player, it says it is build in in Google chrome and updating automatically.

DeletedUser778

For me upgrading flash helped so far (I'm using FF). No more blackscreens.

This is from another Topic, but maybe it helps Chrome users in general:
Hi folks, if you're using Chrome and you're seeing this message, please do the following:

1. Open a new tab/window of Chrome.
2. Type in the following in the address bar:
Code:
about:plugins
3. Look for Adobe Flash Player through the list of plugins.
4. Disable one of the two flash players - preferably the adobe one as Chrome will no longer support it after a few updates, while their own integral Pepper Flash will still be used.

We have not been able to fully reproduce this issue but I believe a conflict between the two is likely the culprit in this case. If you're still experiencing that error message afterward please do fill in a bug report so we can investigate the issue more thoroughly. Thank you!

DeletedUser1250

Not sure what to do now. I do have the newest flash player from adobe 18.0.0.160.
I typed in the about plugins and can't find another flash player, only the adobe one. If I remove that, then many things won't work anymore I guess.

DeletedUser118

For the first time I had a black screen on a fight today. But unlike in cities where nothing showed, all the figures and squares did, just the ground we were fighting on was all black. After reloading the site it showed all properly again. But was really weird. I felt like I was fighting in outta space. :D

DeletedUser778

After the flash upgrade I just got my first Blackscreen again :confused:

DeletedUser778

Third day in a row the all black cities start to appear after around 27 helps, but today i got the next one ~10 helps later after refreshing.
The last two days I had to only refresh once after the ~27 neighboury helps.

DeletedUser118

You are lucky to still have black cities. For me the browser crashes right away after I opened up a few citites, no matter if visited over the map or over the ranking. It's really annoying and makes helping or even just visiting for fun no fun at all...

DeletedUser503

getting black screen after only a few visits work correctly.
Flash is up to date, refresh didn't help. What is happening that
it worked all this time and now it's broken?

DeletedUser1250

The last days I have had:
- the black screen, often after visiting a few cities. Closing all sites and restarting google chrome helps, just logging out and in doesn't solve it
- twice a crash of shockwave, also when visiting neighbours
-just once a totally messed up screen when I visited a neighbour, like the black screen, but it was filled with broken pieces of a city with the black background. I closed chrome, restarted chrome and the game and it was solved.

This all started after the last update. My laptop is a pretty new one, functions perfectly except when visiting neighbours. I don't have these problems in the dutch server, I can visit there all neighbours without a problem.

Besides the black screen, the game is also still much slower after the update than it was before and loading the world map still gives problems.

DeletedUser118

What ever they did to "improve" the game with their last update. It only made things worse...

It sucks!

DeletedUser594

Yes confirmed! Get about halfway thru the map and bingo!
Works again the next day! Stop blaming the Flashplayer!
Not a friend of same, but it works for all other games without
fault and that includes FOE!!!!!

DeletedUser118

Its not the flashplayer. It started happening after the update and never did before nor elsewhere. To me its definitely something related to this update, especially since they said they improved the map.

DeletedUser

It just happened to me too
I was half the map done and then.. black screen and no more motivation is possible
Tried firefox then IE then relog on both browser several times and still can not motivate rest players

DeletedUser778

Today I got the Blackscreen after 28 neighbours, so close to 30 helps looks like a "magic" Blackscreen number for me.
Furthermore I was going through my neighbourhood in another direction as usual, to exclude the blackscreens apearrance always in a certain part of my neighbourhood.

Refreshing the page always works for me until now.
Now i get Blackscreen even after reloading the page. :(

DeletedUser1250

I don't believe this, I got the same problem on the dutch server too!!!!! Never had it before there, but got it this evening for the first time. And reloading didn't help, I had to close all sites and open it again.