• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Fixed [4450] Broken 'Build x buildings' quest

DeletedUser

General Description (Overview):
Quest: Build 2 cultural buildings.
When i accepted this quest i had only "Flying boat" in my city. After the quest i started to build one "Spot of whispering trees" and when it's done the slider of the quest changed in 1/2 correctly.
Then i deledet one "Flying boat" and build another "Spot of whispering trees" but the slider quest still remained 1/2.

What I expected to happen: the slider quest to be 2/2

What actually happened: the slider quest is still 1/2

How often has this happened: just noticed this

Screenshots/Additional information:
ss_elvenar.jpg

Reproduction Steps:
1. Take quest
2. Built the first "Spot of whispering trees"
3. Deleted one "Flying boat"
4. Built the second "Spot of whispering trees"

Player Name: Isil
World: Beta1
Operating System: Windows 7
Browser and Version: Chrome 41.0.2272.53 beta-m (64-bit)
Flash Version: Win 16.0.0.305

Screen Resolution: 1920x951

p.s. sorry for my very bad english

DeletedUser236

I just got the "build more cultural buildings" quest last night..

gMlJhx1.png

I thought: let's build 2 Ancient Runes while I go to bed, so I have more culture and a finished quest in the morning.. Well, I had more culture.. But no finished quest.. So I thought maybe it's because the quest says "cultural buildings".. Since I have no desire for more big culture projects I decided to wait with the quest.. A moment ago I built 2 Luminous Signposts and guess what, the quest is finished!!

I think the quest is a little buggy when it comes to building cultural buildings :D

DeletedUser

I had this quest multiple times, never had any issues with it. Apparently i built the right ones ^^

p.s.

Your English is just fine isil :)

Amy Steele

Forum/QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
Thanks both - this issue is linked to the one which affects quests to upgrade x buildings. As announced here, this issue is affecting all quests asking you to upgrade x buildings since the update to 0.10. It also affects quests asking you to build x buildings of any type. These quests will not complete if you are offline at the time the building or upgrade completes. Hence Acamax's experience detailed above.

Edit: removed reference to main hall as this issue is also affecting the quests to upgrade your main hall.

Last edited:

DeletedUser236

These quests will not complete if you are offline at the time the building or upgrade completes.

Thank you for your quick response :) Will stay logged in for those quests then, until further notice on the issue

DeletedUser607

I had some sort of bug related to this

quest: have 3 armories at lvl 5.

I had one at lvl 5 and built the other two to lvl 4, and then I started the upgrade to lvl 5.

because I wasn't happy with the positions, I shuffled them around, disconnecting their road-connection to the cityhall.

and suddenly, the quest recognized one building (the disconnected one) as finished), the counter jumped from 1/3 to 2/3. when I reconnected the building, it went back to 1/3.

then I removed a stree-tile at the connection-point to the cityhall, both armories were disconnected and the quest was completed.

Amy Steele

Forum/QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
Hi Juni! Welcome to the forum and thanks for reporting this :)

It sounds the same to me as the issue reported in this thread (click) so could I please ask that you re-post your issue in that thread :)

DeletedUser607

thanks

posted it over there, and pointed out that I did not move the buildings in question, rather the streets which connect them to the city hall.

DeletedUser628

Fixed with update 0.12 - this behavior is now properly registered by the quest.

DeletedUser283

nope : quest "strengthening strengths" does not recognize the new scrolls manufactory that it requires and that I just built.

[edit]
I deleted the scrolls manufactory and rebuilt another one;
it seems that you have to be online at the very moment the manufactory completes to have the quest register it, which is seriously impeding progress.
[/edit]

Last edited by a moderator: