• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Fixed [44326] Login not possible (app version)

Amy Steele

Forum/QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
Elderflower said:
It seems to be a larger issue because although I am successfully playing Beta on my laptop I am suddenly getting a whole lot of entry level quests. - like "upgrade workshops to level 4" or "move a building" or "complete 15 provinces" "place 8 expansions"

This is a separate bug, which has also been forwarded for fixing. You can follow the progress of that issue here

It sometimes happens that an update will result in several different bugs. These should always be reported in different threads. One issue per thread, and one thread per issue, for ease of collecting of information, and processing of bugs

Last edited:

Annelore

This is a separate bug, which has also been forwarded for fixing. You can follow the progress of that issue here

It sometimes happens that an update will result in several different bugs. These should always be reported in different threads. One issue per thread, and one thread per issue, for ease of collecting of information, and processing of bugs
Can you edit your post to clarify what is the separate bug please? Your post is a reply to the thread and not the poster who was posting about another bug.

Amy Steele

Forum/QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
Can you edit your post to clarify what is the separate bug please? Your post is a reply to the thread and not the poster who was posting about another bug.
My apologies! I'm sure I included the quote in my original post, but it seems it vanished

Verde

Was considering stopping/ignoring the Seasons quests. Since a few days will now be missed due to this bug, seems like a good point to do so :(

Dhurrin

Once again INNO had screwed the pooch, Cant't loginf without updating the game but no update is acrually available. JUST ANOTHER EXAMPLE OF INNOS POOR MANAGEMENT!!!! And they still expect us to spend cash on this game. And since it's Friday when will it be fixed? INNO doesn't work on weekends!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's Nuts

Okay, I am sorry for the language but I spend money on all 3 of my beta cities (the only world I play in these days) but the constant bugs in the past year are just too much!

Edited by: Amy Steele
Reason for edit: Inappropriate language
Good grief, calm down. You do realize this is Beta right? Catching bugs is what is supposed to happen. If you have such issues with that, restrict yourself to the live worlds. Playing only on Beta is a choice
And you do realize it is a game right? Not something your life or wellbeing depend on.

Dhurrin

Problem existed all day yesterday for my Android phone. Still persists this morning (US-east coast).
It keeps telling me the app needs to be updated, but there is no update available. At that point I cannot switch back to another world and have to uninstall the app. Uninstalling and reinstalling the app does NOT solve the problem, not even temporarily.
Problem only affects beta, my several live-worlds are available through the app.

As for apple devices; I have long since given up even trying. Both on my apple I-phone and mini I-pad I haven't been able to run the app properly for over a year now. But since I hardly use those it's not been a major issue for me.
Update :
Going into Sunday morning (US east coast time) problem still persists

Migur

Same here, I can not login on mobile (Android), and the starting quests are alive when I am using laptop.

Alcaro

I was thinking a lot at these bugs.
Let's see:
- I have fellows who are using the App solely
- first they couldn't open the tournament ... no problem, trying later
- then they couldn't loging at all in the game ... no problem, trying later
- by the time they've managed to access the game and tournament, the tournament was over.

The answer from support was that they should know that if the tournament started earlier, it will end earlier also, and they should have kept an eye on the time counter. Hard to do that when you can't login whatsoever in this server.

On the other hand, the earlier start of the tournament was reported as A BUG and was CONFIRMED.
Now, if it's a BUG, why the players should assume that will end also earlier?
If it's not a bug (it starts to be confusing the reaction of the staff + support) and it works "as intended" why there was NO OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT about this change? If it was a bug, and they've tried to rectify it, why they didn't announce that the tourny will end earlier???

Once again, Inno is screwing things up, and they've come with the pathetic excuse that this is BETA.
Yes, it's a testing server, we should TEST things, NOT TO ASSUME or GUESS things.

EDIT to add: those players lost lots of goodies from tournament and those who are using the Timewarp + Polar Bear, couldn't even score one point, so they've lost ALL rewards given by the FS.
How Inno intends to compensate those players???

Last edited:

cancermage

I understand it's BETA. The problem is I am also a programmer. These major bugs they have had over the last year are a result of insufficient ALPHA TESTING! OR ... perhaps it is that they are spending more attention on their new game Rise of Cultures! Eithei way is is a slight to a dedicated core of players.

And do not tell me I shouldn't buy diamonds or only play in BETA because you have exactly zero right to tell me how to play the game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Annelore

I understand it's BETA. The problem is I am also a programmer. These major bugs they have had over the last year are a result of insufficient ALPHA TESTING! OR ... perhaps it is that they are spending more attention on their new game Rise of Cultures! Eithei way is is a slight to a dedicated core of players.

And do not tell me I shouldn't buy diamonds or only play in BETA because you have exactly zero right to tell me how to play the game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sadly, they are not spending more time on Rise of Cultures because on Monday they had the brilliant idea of doing 3 backend upgrades at once and broke the app since they didn't release the app version yet. Oh, they also broke the web broswer version for a much shorter length of time.

I did learn something from their official discord for that game which is they let go about 20 percent of their staff.

FaunaWillow

I did learn something from their official discord for that game which is they let go about 20 percent of their staff.

I read that too>>> InnoGames Strategic Realignment Announcement<<<
A particular quote from this announcement was,
"In addition to restructuring our central service teams, we will, among other things, optimize the sizes of the development teams so that we can continue to provide each of our core titles with the support it needs to be successful." :rolleyes:

It's really sad to see the state of INNOGames. Since mid/late last year, the quality and performance has been getting really bad for Elvenar and other games.
I don't know why they even bother with having a Beta anymore: We rarely get announcements, the drastic changes in staff since October was worrying, the handling of this forum has changed so often that we all have whiplash from all of it....to now there is hardly any friendly communication between players and staff anymore, there is also very little communication now for the players and staff from the development team, it's skeptical that there is any alpha testing getting done anymore... but we sure do get a lot of (more than we should) critical bugs nowadays.
An unreasonable amount of these bugs still get carried over to the live worlds anyway.
It's terrible.

Enevhar Aldarion

So elvenar cannot be played on any world including beta......once more a quick fix which is not thought through....and not tested...its a mess...

You can play the Live servers if you uninstall and then reinstall. But make sure you only log in to the Live servers you use, not Beta. As soon as you switch to the Beta log-in screen, the glitch happens again.

@Amy Steele @Deadeye Jerry this has to be connected to the 1.176 Beta update and not the 1.175 Live update or Live servers would not have a workaround.

Dorfl the Clay

Yes, I am in Western North America. How exactly am I supposed to recruit players for a Fellowship?
You could browse thru the list of players in your world and see if there are players who are not a member of any FS yet... or 'advertise' on this forum, (see bottom of startpage in topic "Game worlds - Beta 1").. or on the Elvenar facebook page? There might even be one dedicated to your area.. or try indicating it in your FS name ("places free!")