• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Not a Bug [43727] Progress sub-bar in Spire shows incorrect progress

Burger Meister Meister

Game version: v1.172-beta.5-(859ca24) - html5 (2023-03-14 12:25)
Game world: Beta
Browser/IOS/Android + version: Chrome
Operating System or Mobile Device: Windows 10
Screen resolution: 2560x1440
Account name:[/B] __ Burger Meister Meister
Humans or Elves: Elves

Reproducibility:
5/5 (5/5 = happens always)

Quest title: (if applicable)

Current situation:
__ Level(floor) Progress bar in spire shows progress when none has been achieved yet
__ Upon entering the next floor of the Spire the progress bar shows that progress is already 1/4 complete

Expected situation:
__ When entering the next floor of the Spire before any battles or chests are open the progress bar should show zero progress for the floor.
__See the screen shots comparing the Beta server to a Live server at the same progress point. The progress bar is circled in red.

Reproduction Steps:
1. Complete the High Halls in the Spire
2. Wait until the timer for the gate expires
3. Go through the gate to the next level
4. Open the side bar showing individual progress and level progress
5. Level progress shows that at least one chest has been opened

Add more steps if needed. Include only ONE action for each step!

Screenshots of the bug:

Attachments

• progress bar beta.png
    progress bar beta.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 46
  • progress bar live.png
    progress bar live.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 51

Karvest

Wasn't it always confusing like that?
If you are higher than FS score, this indicator shows FS progress, not individual. (the height of that bar on screenshot is too big anyway)

Amy Steele

Forum/QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
I would say that's the case, but in my case I'm in a cosy little FS of 1, so progress in the level and my individual progress should be in alignment?

Karvest

Your own progress in that case is higher than FS progress, as FS require more orbs to get to the same level.

Burger Meister Meister

Wasn't it always confusing like that?
If you are higher than FS score, this indicator shows FS progress, not individual. (the height of that bar on screenshot is too big anyway)
I can confirm this later today. After the Tournament opens up I will progress farther in the Spire and be above the Team score and report back.

Burger Meister Meister

@Amy Steele
I have progressed farther on the Live server in the Spire.
From the screenshot you can see that as soon as I enter the same floor as the team progress, even though I am still below the team progress my personal bar gets confused.

I would consider this to be a bug in the Live Server as well as the Beta server versions. This could be a bug that was never noticed before.

Attachments

• progress bar live-2.png
    progress bar live-2.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 39

Burger Meister Meister

@Amy Steele
Progressing to finishing the next boss on the Live server, the personal progress bar makes no sense.
This is either a bug or some weird feature that I don't understand

Attachments

• progress bar live-3.png
    progress bar live-3.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 36

Karvest

As I've said, that was always like that. It shows percent of the way to the next reward you can get. If next reward for FS is lower or the same as yours - it shows FS progress, if you are behind your FS and your next reward is already available for your FS - it shows your progress to that reward.
A bit confusing, but that's not a bug, just a questionable design choice.

Last edited:

Amy Steele

Forum/QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
Thanks all... setting this one back to investigating for now.
It potentially also looks wrong somehow because of the lack of divisions.

Karvest

hm.. looking at
1678892203542.png
and screenshots from above posts, I cant figure out, which part of FS progress indicator shows if you are ahead of FS. It's not next reward progress and not current floor progress and not total spire progress...

Karvest

well, looked a bit closer, that small progress bar on my screenshot shows correct next reward progress (138/190).
What is bugged there - the big progress bar on the left, it should fill more than 2/3 of the way to next reward,

Deadeye Jerry

Community Manager
Elvenar Team
Hi, it's by design. The mini bar shows the progress until the next available chest and when the player is above FS, then FS progress becomes the limiter and shown there

Karvest

It potentially also looks wrong somehow because of the lack of divisions.
the lack of divisions indicates that progress bar shows FS progress, that's the only way to understand which progress is shown there without opening the whole progress window.

But still need something to do with main FS progress bar which is incorrect (may be it should be a different bug report).