• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Confirmed [42015] Can't visit neighbours/provinces

jampadampa

Maybe these are cities that are affected by the same issue, too. We can find that out.

But we have the trust in the development team that they make the right decisions and that there is most certainly a very good reason why the issue can't be hotfixed (yet).

How frustrating!
No message to all players, how sad in this situation. Only Vaeri (and you don't have it easy and I thank you) tries to communicate with the few of us who have signed up here on the forum, assuring us that "it will be good again" and asking for patience.
What "very good" reason do the developers have for not fixing the problem "yet"? So many days? It's clear that the Beta is a test, but keeping quiet and leaving us to fumble is not a good way :(:rolleyes:.

Dorfl the Clay

I really hope that all those affected will receive ample payment in dias - that's the least !!!
1667306756490.png

Heffernan

sorry to say... but that was also my initial reaction.

they will respond by saying this is beta server, occasional problems whether big or small will occur, we've signed here knowingly.
there is ofc the counter argument about diamonds being sold, we should be allowed to expect certain things like stability etc. however, i look at it like those "in development" games in steam, you don't have to buy any of those and yet many do... and there will be problems, it's the risk you take.

PrimroseSylvia

@Heffernan you're absolutely right, and usually I agree with this. But this statement is in stark contrast with "Beta players are used not to be affected by such a major bug", don't you think?
And if they aren't able to fix it in a short time because it's a complex issue, they could have been acted diffently:
- deleting the adventure (but it would cause other issue with non-affected players)
- changing adventure model (as long as they don't choose model F :D )

Heffernan

@PrimroseSylvia
i must admit that when i saw this in-game announcement i was surprised, what could they mean ?
Beta players are used not to be affected by such a major bug
...but this beta server, at least nowadays, is more of a last minute clean up server than true beta so maybe that's it.

anyways, cassy63 said there should diamonds as compensation, Dorfl basically said not very likely (my intepration) and i agreed.

a lot of things could have been done differently, better, etc. but i can't even remember a time when they compensated any fault with dias, maybe in the early days live servers, but here ?? did we get some building or somesuch a couple of years ago after some oops ? can't remember for sure.

cassy63

there are similar games like this one with beta where you get compensation for such serious errors - not caused by the player. due to the non-functioning trade and the failing nbh, my warehouses are slowly empty and i can't really do anything about it!

and a haha doesn't get me any further - thank you

Heffernan

.... due to the non-functioning trade and the failing nbh, my warehouses are slowly empty and i can't really do anything about it!...
...then maybe asking a lot of stuff into the warehouse to compensate would be an option.

i'm not laughing at your situation, just saying that they don't give something worth rl money very easily to compensate anything these days.

cassy63

then give me a tip - my city was completely okay up to now - you need a balance of population / culture / goods / trade - that was the case - but what's the use of producing goods if I can't exchange them- but I see it's no use writing anything else here :((

PrimroseSylvia

did we get some building or somesuch a couple of years ago after some oops ? can't remember for sure.
Yes, we get a premium residence as a compensation for lowering event buildings that gave population.
And as far as I remember, they never give diamonds for compensations, just to the first reporting a [confirmed] bug; but I remember that during an old Carnival Event there was a problem with one building of the set (I could be wrong, but maybe they changed a daily prize or something similar, I could check the forum but actually I'm cooking a banana bread and don't want to burn it :D), and they credited/added it in players cities. So, a sort of compensation is possible, even if we are "beta", whatever it mean in these days (yes, I'm a little sarcastic now :p )

Vaeri

Ex-Team Member
then give me a tip - my city was completely okay up to now - you need a balance of population / culture / goods / trade - that was the case - but what's the use of producing goods if I can't exchange them- but I see it's no use writing anything else here :((
knock... knock...
who's there?

No One
I agree with you @cassy63
It's the lack of caring or communication from management that gets me. There is absolutely no reason at all this should still be happening.

@PrimroseSylvia mmm, banana bread!!! :D

We've been abandoned here in Beta. I guess this is the new normal. :(
We hear your feedback, no worries.
This bug is undoubtedly a major and complex one. Unfortunately, it probably wouldn't help to make all developers work on fixing the bug.
First, team discussions exist, so developers can exchange their knowledge and ideas about the bug. Second, not all developers are helpful to fix the bug (because of its complexity or the field of expertise needed). And third, this issue might be related to other issues, which makes finding the exact cause and fixing the issue even more difficult.
Thank you so much for your patience, we can understand all the frustration. We try our best.