• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Fixed [41561] Disappearing mail threads

Karvest

Game version: v1.160-beta.7-(5000ce4) - html5 (2022-09-01 17:24)
Game world: Beta1
Browser/IOS/Android + version: Chrome x64
Operating System or Mobile Device: Windows 10
Screen resolution: 2560x1600
Account name: Karvest
Humans or Elves: Elves

Reproducibility: 4/5 (1/5 = happened once; 2/5 = happens randomly; 3/5 = happens sometimes; 4/5 = happens often, but not always; 5/5 = happens always)

Quest title: (if applicable)

Current situation:
Few mail threads disappeared at least 3 times since friday's game restart. You see new mail notification, open mailbox and see only a bunch of old threads, active threads are gone until you reload the game. First time that happened - latest message I saw was from monday, last time - I see some up to 19:13 utc+3, while actually 2 more treads were updated 5.5 hours later, which were not seen in the mailbox at all before reload. Happened with other FS members too.

Expected situation:
No disappearing mail.

Reproduction Steps:
1. be online for a few hours, play the game normally
2. notice new mail notification
3. open mail, notice missing threads
4. reload the game, open mail
5. notice threads are back there

Add more steps if needed. Include only ONE action for each step!

Screenshots of the bug:
before reload:
1662160090969.png

after reload:
1662160140187.png

both screenshots are done more than hour later than last message timestamp and there are actually 2 messages newer than last seen on first screenshot in each.

Karvest

Probably that happens due to changed type of "updated_at_timestamp" property (was integer, now string containing that integer); and introducing "updatedAt" property instead of "updated_at" (it was text representation, now it's a timestamp).

Bor de Wolf 1965

it is taken from the beta server but the time stamp was 18:32 local time = the netherlands

And I just noticed, it only happens when someone else chances the mail by putting something at the end of it.
So only the OW chain mails get affected by this bug.

Ludwig12

Good day everyone,

...yes, the disappearance of the PN's is very annoying.

Circulars disappear as soon as a guild member replies to them... and they reappear when you log out of the game and log back in.
What's going on with Innos PN server?

Best regards
Ludwig12

Droopy

Just had notification i had unread messages, but saw only 1 unread message in the Inbox tab (other threads disappeared).
But they are visible under the Outbox tab and also marked unread there. The only one visible in the Inbox tab was the oldest from the 4 unread messages in the Outbox tab. All mail threads where started by me some time ago.

Earwen1

Confirmed, it happened for the first time to me too, yesterday and just now.
On this beta server, not on live server.

Skillpowers

still happening , 5 kp threads 5-10-15-20-30 kp mail

3 dissapeared but the 5-10 was still availeble , i was typing in the chat to tell my fellowshipmembers about it and while typing the 5+10 kp mail dissapeared

edit: its possible that someone did respond on the mails (while i had them open and was typing in chat) maybe thats what triggers it

Bor de Wolf 1965

The only thing that you can do when you want to use the mail system for the wonder mails on a computer is to press function key 5 to force a reload of the website.
That way you always start with all the mails.
And after you have put in the wonders you want to get the KP back on, press the F5 key again just to check if no one came in at the same time.

personally I wish they would revert back the changes they did to the mail system for this is very annoying by now.

Karvest

That's not an expected change, that's a bug.
When you reopen mailbox after new mail arrived, client purge locally cached thread(s) and request it(them) back from the server, but does it in a wrong way and server responds with other thread(s), probably messing up latest threads with oldest threads. As a result: client has nothing to show on actually updated thread(s), and refreshed contents of old thread(s).

Last edited: