• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Fixed [41394] Optional techs cost GRR

Bor de Wolf 1965

I thought all non-essential developments wouldn't need chapter specific parts.
Squad Size Upgrade 72 and City Expansion 56 are demanding the sheets of music.

H20 fout1.png

Last edited:

Bor de Wolf 1965

I know.
In the past there was set a rule that any research that is optional, would not require any chapter specific goods.
In this case it demands for the sheets of music.
Maybe to refresh your memory, chapter 16 Embassies wonders, union street, city expansion 49 don't need chapter 16 goods.
same goes for chapter 17, chapter 18 and chapter 19.

If memory serves right, this rule was put in place for players would skip some none required developments so they could go faster in to the next chapter, and later on they noticed they need to rebuild the chapter stuff again just to compleet those development they skipped.
And for my opinion, if you make a rule for a game you apply it to all the same situations in future expansions as well.
And that is what I am asking for in this situation as well.

Last edited:

Karvest

It was not always like that, I even still have a bunch of mid-chapter resources in stash for their optional techs. Chapter specific goods were removed from old chapters when players started whining that they can't get their SS upgrades without rebuilding old settlements after tournament formula rework. But there is nothing bad if last chapter optional tech require chapter specific goods. They can remove them when new chapter arrives.