• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Fixed [40478] Player missing on Neighbors list

Droopy

Game version: v1.152-beta.9-(830f2b4) - html5 (2022-04-28 09:39)
Game world: Beta
Browser/IOS/Android + version: Browser Chrome
Operating System or Mobile Device: Win10
Screen resolution: 1920x1080
Account name: Droopy
Humans or Elves: Humans

Reproducibility: 5/5

Quest title: -

Current situation:
Visible player in 1st ring is not shown in Neighbors list.
Additional info: Player seems to be very new

Expected situation:
Able to give neighbor help

Reproduction Steps:
Go to world map
2.Open Province overview
3.Go to tab Neighbors
4.A player is missing on the list

Screenshots of the bug:
elvenar-beta-neighbor-list-20220428.JPG

Marindor

Hi guys, sorry it took a while, but we needed to double check this with our development team. This does seem like a bug and not a new mechanic. If a player is "green" on the world map for you only depends on if you have scouted them (a neighbouring province), which is definitely the case. That player does not need to have Neighbourhood unlocked themselves. Only you have to to be able to give help in order to have him listed. But even if you don't have neighbourhood unlocked this player's city tile should still be shown in green.

@Droopy was this a one time hiccup, or can you still reproduce it? Because so far we aren't able to reproduce it ourselves.

Droopy

The player is now listed on my neighbor list, so may be he just joined that day (i don't know).
So may be it only happens with players very recently joined?
It could be a "one time hiccup", but then for the whole day ;-)

Currently it is okay:
elvenar-beta-neighbor-list-20220504.JPG

Marindor

Okay, since we're not able to reproduce it so far and there have been no other reports yet either, I'll archive this thread for now. Should it reoccur or anyone else can reproduce it, please let us know and we can forward it for further investigation.

Bor de Wolf 1965

This is an extreme rare bug situation.
There need to be a couple points made at the right time or you will never see the bug.
  1. The player need to be extremely fresh (new account and maybe just 1 or 2h old.
  2. You need to be looking at that time on the world map.
  3. As soon as you go in to that players town map the bug condition is reset and gone.
I just had this same bug on life and the conditions are so rare that I don't think @Marindor or any other CM would be able to reproduce it and it is gone after a visit or a couple more hours waiting time.
Also, this is not a real playing blocking bug, just an extreme rare annoyance.

Marindor

This is an extreme rare bug situation.
There need to be a couple points made at the right time or you will never see the bug.
  1. The player need to be extremely fresh (new account and maybe just 1 or 2h old.
  2. You need to be looking at that time on the world map.
  3. As soon as you go in to that players town map the bug condition is reset and gone.
I just had this same bug on life and the conditions are so rare that I don't think @Marindor or any other CM would be able to reproduce it and it is gone after a visit or a couple more hours waiting time.
Also, this is not a real playing blocking bug, just an extreme rare annoyance.
Thank you for adding these steps, we have now been able to forward this to our developer team!

Enevhar Aldarion

Any word on this? I do not think I have seen it happen on Beta, but I just had it happen on the US servers. I know you do not connect between servers, but I would like to know the status here before I file a bug report there.

But like Bor said, I went to the world map and saw two brand new cities in my discovered area, except they had the beige background like there were not discovered. I exited to my city and went back to the world map and the two cities now have the proper green color of being in my discovered area. But neither is on my list of discovered neighbors and the two neighbors they replaced are gone, so I think the neighbor list is treating the two spots like they are gold mines and not new cities. It does seem to only happen when a new city replaces an old city while you are in the game, so to reproduce it, if you can on a test server, manually delete a city and replace it with a new city while another tester is logged into the game to see if this happens in their discovered area.

Now that was weird. While I was in a separate tab to write this up, I still have my Live city on the world map, in case I wanted to take a screen shot, and the two new cities switched back to showing as if they were undiscovered. I did nothing but switch out of the game tab for several minutes and then back.

Dorfl the Clay

The same happened on the Dutch server in the Arendyll world, player Silverrasta (either new or recently moved to a location just north-west of me) showed in yellow background while completely surrounded by green provinces. After I gave neighbourly help one time, the situation went 'normal'...

Dorfl the Clay

I only noticed it on the Dutch server in Arendyll (and only one time)... and it was solved after I gave Silverrasta Neighbourly Help. On beta I have not yet experienced the same...

Last edited:

Bor de Wolf 1965

Sorry to say it but this problem still exist.
niet besteende speler.png

The gold mine is the missing player and this situation is there for 3 days already, may be longer but that I don't know.

Bor de Wolf 1965

That is the problem, the missing name points to a gold mine, as I have written under the picture.
And it is placed between the players: Khaal1 (on the left) and Sebor (on the right)
And it is still in my list as a gold mine.
Even if I empty the internet cache it doesn't matter.

Marindor

Ah, but if it's a goldmine, that is intended and something different than what was posted in this bug report. This report is about brand new players not showing up in the list yet, and appearing on the Wolrd Map with a brown background instead of green.