• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Fixed [39929] Random game freezes

Dorfl the Clay

Hi @Dorfl the Clay are these general memory issues you're talking about, or specifically the Trader bug as reported here?
Dear Manidor, my reaction was specifically about the Trader bug (this the right tread for such reports?). And it does seem to have become a general memory-problem (like Earwen and others also confirmed) but in my situation it is usually triggered during (or right after) using the Trader..

@Marindor : In addition: switching off all my email- and/or other accounts didn't make a blind bit of difference, but I did notice that the addition of new trade (which I never was able to see before, unless I closed the trader and opened it again, when did that change?) does seem to throw a spanner in the works, I had 2 different instances where the Trader started showing a blanc screen, right after trade was added by other players...

Last edited:

Alcaro

Sadly, the problem still exist. After I closed the Trader the screen went dark and I had to reload the page.

blank trader.jpg

Enevhar Aldarion

Yep, just happened a moment ago to me. Because the Trader does not, or should not, have separate coding for Beta and Live servers, I am thinking now that this will not get fixed here until it is fixed on all servers at the same time.

sawmal

B]Game version:[/B] v1.148-beta.8-(a1d099c) - html5 (2022-02-17 16:53)
Game world:Beta
Browser/IOS/Android + version:Google Chrome
Operating System or Mobile Device:Linux Mint 19.2 MATE64
Screen resolution:
Account name:[/B]sawmal
Humans or Elves:E
Game version quoted above out of date. Can't get to data when screen frozen.

This well known problem still happens, unpredictably and not reproducible.
The background screen is not frozen - the small oscillating icons are still moving up and down
Right clicking on any icon just gives a small brown square.

There is no memory hogging, my memory is at < 50% use and the swap file is zero.

Attachments

• Screenshot at 2022-05-01 11-45-01.png
    Screenshot at 2022-05-01 11-45-01.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 60

Enevhar Aldarion

In case there was supposed to be some kind of fix for this in the 1.153 update we got yesterday, it did not work, as this just happened to me again a few minutes ago.

Enevhar Aldarion

And again today. I just used the Wholesaler to spend some supplies and make room before selling a building, and after exiting the Trader I clicked on the building to sell it and the screen went dim and stayed there. Had to reload the game to continue.

Ergolas77

Reporting that I did experience this issue today with this version of the software. Trader went blank and I had to reload the page to recover.

Just prior, I had accepted a bunch of T2 trades in a row (10+?) and I attempted to switch to page 2 of my fellowship's offers.

1652284809477.png

Enevhar Aldarion

Just loaded my new little Beta city with the new research and all and after the city loaded, I had a reward pop-up from helping a Wonder, but after I clicked that closed, the entire game screen is frozen. The browser itself is fine, as I am typing this while the game screen is still frozen. I can move the mouse around on the screen, but nothing will click and none of the hot keys will work. And just like with the previous freezing issues where the screen goes dim, the only thing at all on the screen that can be clicked is the + that opens up the diamond store.

v1.154-beta.3-(f6fe402) - html5 (2022-05-19 11:51)