• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Fixed [39929] Random game freezes

Droopy

Game version: v1.150-beta.15-(78d6b92) - html5 (2022-03-25 17:53)
Game world: Beta
Browser/IOS/Android + version: Browser Chrome (version 99.0.4844.82 (official build) (64-bits))
Operating System or Mobile Device: Win10
Screen resolution: 1920x1080
Account name: Droopy
Humans or Elves: Human
Reproducibility: 3/5
Quest title: -

Current situation:
When using the Trader the application will hang under some circumstances and you need to do a refresh in the browser.
Took me some time to find out where this issue was comming from, because it happend not often.

Expected situation:
Do your trades and go on with other actions.

Reproduction Steps:
Open Trader
2. Filter trader on 1 specific offer which has a few results
3. Take all offers that are available
4. Switch filter back to show all
5. Try to click on place where playername should be underlined to visit the player
6. Black box is drawn and after that things will get stuck and you need to refresh

Screenshots of the bug:
beta-elvenar-trader-20220329.JPG

beta-elvenar-trader-20220329-2.JPG

Konys

QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
We aren't able to reproduce it; if someone else is experiencing the same please let us know!

palmira

Yes, it happens quite often both in beta and live, it is only necessary to make a few trades, move between windows in the trader a bit and the bug pops in. Did it right now and sure got it

Attachments

• Screenshot at Mar 31 10-45-18.png
    Screenshot at Mar 31 10-45-18.png
    317 KB · Views: 73

Droopy

Yes problem still exists, i just had another one.
Unfortunally difficult to reproduce. I noticed it mostly happens when i filter on all trade offers and take away all trades.

And when it goes wrong the filter keep showing the last filter option (even when i selected show all):
beta-elvenar-trader-20220329-1.JPG

beta-elvenar-trader-20220331-2.JPG

Droopy

Just had it also on live when taking a lot of offers from the trader (nothing filtered)

Not sure if this extra information can help at all, but i thought i better post it:

elvenar-live-trader-error-20220401.JPG

Enevhar Aldarion

This is also what the bug is causing. After posting or taking several trades, the screen freezes in this state, instead of just the momentary darkening as the trade is posted or taken and then returning to the normal brightness. The only way to get out of this is to reload the game. This happens regularly in Chrome, and both on the Beta and US servers, since the last update for sure, 1.150 here and 1.149 on Live.

Screenshot (88).png

Alcaro

This is also what the bug is causing. After posting or taking several trades, the screen freezes in this state, instead of just the momentary darkening as the trade is posted or taken and then returning to the normal brightness. The only way to get out of this is to reload the game. This happens regularly in Chrome, and both on the Beta and US servers, since the last update for sure, 1.150 here and 1.149 on Live.

View attachment 9989
yes, also on En servers.

Bor de Wolf 1965

this bug becomes very annoying when you have to reload and check after any trade you put up.
You can not trust the system any more for not creating a zero star or a 3 star at 8:1 at this moment.

Enevhar Aldarion

This problem is still happening, as the Trader froze up and went dark on me just now and forced me to reload the game to get back to normal. The Live servers have still not fixed this either, so it must be a major bug.

Enevhar Aldarion

@Marindor yes, it just happened to me a few minutes ago when trying to open a factory to set production. The screen went all dim, just like with the Trader bug, and I had to reload the game to get it to work again. This all happens to me when using Chrome.

Marindor

@Enevhar Aldarion Ok and do you have exact reproduction steps for that one please? Also, is it still happening for the Trader for anyone? Because I don't know if it's actually the same root cause in that case, although they may look like the same thing.

Enevhar Aldarion

@Marindor not exact because I was not expecting it to happen that way. Every previous time it has been related to the Trader. Everything gets more sluggish and slow and then it just stays dim after clicking on something, rather than the momentary dimming of the screen before returning to normal. And it does not seem to happen right away after entering the game, rather it takes some time for this to build up, or if I have a lot of stuff that needs to be clicked on to enter. Just collecting finished productions does not trigger it for me, but actually going into a building and interacting with it, like with the Trader. It is almost like something is not communicating correctly between the game and the server and it is just freezing up on the dimmed screen, rather than giving the usual error message that means things got out of sync. I have actually not gotten that message since all this mess started.

Marindor

@Enevhar Aldarion Thank you for the additional info. That sounds as some kind of memory problem where over time the game is using so much memory that eventually everything gets stuck. I'll forward the info, thanks!

Enevhar Aldarion

Either I just got lucky or the update to 1.151 finally fixed this, as I just took several trades, posted over 20 trades, took some more trades, and flipped through the pages of trades, all with no issues. If this were not fixed, there is no way I could have done all that without the game going dark or the trader going weird and locking the game.

Dorfl the Clay

The problem still exists, it occured several times during this morning consecutively in all the 3 worlds I play in (=beta and in Arendyll and Winyandor on Dutch servers). I use a updated Firefox browser 99.0 (64 bits) and have to reboot the game and/or empty the cache and/of reboot Firefox completely, several times a day. I have also noticed that the problem seems to occur more often when (during playing), my system also receives email. Now running with all mailprograms switched off and wil keep you posted of my findings...

Earwen1

Yes, I recognize this issue too, both on beta and NL1. Arendyll.

At first it happened the way Droopy stated, when using the trader. Later on it happens more often when executing several actions in a short time. No matter what, whether it is collecting goods or coins, or performing battles on the map or in the Tournament. This freezing up happens when playing 'too fast'. Then I need to refresh the page and reload the game to make it run again.

My specs are the same as Droopy's in his first post, except for it's Elves in my case. Till now I thought is was my own fault as I have always too many pages and apps open and running on too many browsers. That is why I didn't write a ticket about it yet.