• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Fixed [37955] Error for Neighborly Help

serge38

When I do the Neighborly Help on a small hand that shines (golden), I only have the coins, I don’t have any tools as a reward.

SlyLady

When I do the Neighborly Help on a small hand that shines (golden), I only have the coins, I don’t have any tools as a reward.
I'm also seeing a longer window of time for the 'bonus' - up to 40 hours!
Elvenar Neighborly Help Bonus.png

maxiqbert

Game version: v1.139-beta.5-(e073b7e) - html5 (2021-09-27 19:54)
Game world: beta 1
Browser/IOS/Android + version:
firefox 92.0.1 (64 bits)
Operating System or Mobile Device:
windows 10
Screen resolution:
3860 x2160
Account name:
Maxiqbert
Humans or Elves:
elves

Reproducibility:
5/5 (1/5 = happened once; 2/5 = happens randomly; 3/5 = happens sometimes; 4/5 = happens often, but not always; 5/5 = happens always)

Quest title: (if applicable)

Current situation:
__ when we return neighbourly help (golden hand), we only get gold
__

Expected situation:
__ when we return neighbourly help, we expect to get tools, too
__

Reproduction Steps
1. check notifications for a goloden hand
2. click on it
3. look what you receive

Add more steps if needed. Include only ONE action for each step!

Screenshots of the bug:
(add as many screenshots as you need)

serge38

Game version:v1.139-beta.5-(e073b7e) - html5 (2021-09-27 19:54)
Game world:Beta
Browser/IOS/Android + version: firefox Version 92.0.1 (64 bits)
Operating System or Mobile Device: W10
Screen resolution: 1920x1080
Account name:[/B] Serge38
Humans or Elves: Humans

Reproducibility:
4/5 (1/5 = happened once; 2/5 = happens randomly; 3/5 = happens sometimes; 4/5 = happens often, but not always; 5/5 = happens always)

Quest title: Neighborly Help

Current situation:
__ When I do the Neighborly Help on a small hand that shines (gold), I only have the parts, I don’t have any tools as a reward.
__

Expected situation:
__Let each Neighborly Help on a small hand that shines (gold) be rewarded by the attibution of parts and tools provided.
__

Reproduction Steps:

1632832876814.png

1632832991205.png

Add more steps if needed. Include only ONE action for each step!

Screenshots of the bug:
(add as many screenshots as you need)

SlyLady

@serge38 You did check your topbar? If the supply storage is full it will not fill...
True. My top bar is not full and I'm only getting gold, no supplies - for gold boxes with 1 min - 23:59 hrs remaining for the bonus. For those that are 24:00-41:00+, I get both gold and supplies.

Karvest

Seems some bug introduced yesterday which made NH Back countdown bigger than should be (incoming perks issue?), and then was fixed today (NH received after today's maintenance shows correct countdown), but at the same time new bug with not giving supplies back introduced.

Konys

QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
Confirmed; I've got supplies added for the about 4/5 helps and after that only coins.

maxiqbert

so it's a visual bug, if I understand it correctly, showing golden hands where you should have grey ones, and 24h more than really works delay for the tool bonus

Karvest

No, not visual. you are getting supplies where you shouldn't and not getting where you should.

maxiqbert

No, not visual. you are getting supplies where you shouldn't and not getting where you should.
Really? in my mind, you have a function (call it A) that calculates the "tools bonus" delay, which is used to display golden hands and the timer, and another (call it B) that calculates your rewards when you actually do neighbourly help.
B works fine, but A is totally out of whack, and adds 24h that aren't due.

edit : it's probably linked to the perks, with some function like addperk(yourFS) which returns min(due boost,24h), with due boost not defined

Karvest

Yesterday golden hands timer was set to a longer delay than it should, so game shows golden hands where it shouldn't (function A in your example). It was fixed today during maintenance and now fresh NH set correct timer for "tools bonus".
Function B is broken and give you tools only if you are replying to NH that has timer bigger than 24h. Not sure if it is >24h left or just NH is older than 24h (messed up condition), as all my NH is on cooldown and I can't check.

Last edited:

maxiqbert

Yesterday golden hands timer was set to a longer delay than it should, so game shows golden hands where it shouldn't (function A in your example). It was fixed today during maintenance and now fresh NH set correct timer for "tools bonus".
Function B is broken and give you tools only if you are replying to NH that has timer bigger than 24h. Not sure if it is >24h left or just NH is older than 23h (messed up condition), as all my NH is on cooldown and I can't check.
OK, can't say for sure I know what's wrong, but I don't get tools for grey hands

Karvest

Well, probably just >24h left, messed up the moment where countdown starts with the moment where it ends and add those 24h before the check.

maxiqbert

Well, probably just >24h left, messed up the moment where countdown starts with the moment where it ends and add those 24h before the check.
Not sure what you mean exactly.
I don't have crystal lighthouse or anything that would make the delay longer, so I don't have >24h left golden hands

Karvest

All NH that was given between yesterday's and today's maintenance had >24h golden hands duration.

serge38

The problem is getting worse, reproducibility is now 5/5.
I just did the neighborly help of the neighbors on the map, no golden hands of the ten neighbors gave rise to the supply of tools. The most recent visits of the neighbors are: 2 on 28/09 at 23:49 and 1 on 29/09 at 00:23.
I confirm that the "Supply storage" meter and the "Gain 16000 Supplies" screen have not moved.

Alcaro

I just finished my visits (neighbours and fellows) which means over 50 players and I didn't get a single tool.