• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Fixed [37784] Fellowship Adventure quest fulfillment highlighting not turning off

Walking

Game version: 1.137.2-321b533-256 (zz 1.138)
Game world: Beta 1
Browser/IOS/Android + version: iOS 14.7.1
Operating System or Mobile Device: Ipad mini 5th generation
Screen resolution:
Account name: Walking
Humans or Elves: Elves

Reproducibility:
5/5 (1/5 = happened once; 2/5 = happens randomly; 3/5 = happens sometimes; 4/5 = happens often, but not always; 5/5 = happens always)

Quest title: Fellowship Adventure quests

Current situation:
After claiming a badge, the quest still shows a badge available to be claimed. “Claiming” it a second time does not affect badge count and brings the quest up to date. Badge counts are correct; the badge is not awarded twice…but it certainly looks like it.

Expected situation:
__See green quest.
__Claim badge.
__Quest progress resets and color returns to normal.

Reproduction Steps:
1. Complete a FA quest (badge)
2. Collect badge…quest progress remains green.
3. Close and reopen quest window. Badge appears green, ready to collect.
4. Collect badge…quest progress returns to normal.

Screenshots of the bug:
6BCF8DEA-0281-48F8-BD6F-0184133CA9D6.jpeg
Step 1
FABB9F3E-F7FB-4268-A150-CCD2C6F7092D.jpeg
Step 2
1137F1B3-9E5A-43A3-B63B-0BF41262E22C.jpeg
Step 3
36E30635-B95F-4D30-8790-CBC0CF4D7204.jpeg
Step 4

Enevhar Aldarion

Weird. I am using Android and they are collecting fine for me. So either it is a strange iOS bug or not affecting everyone or it is fixed already?

Walking

Not #3. I’ll try to see if my fellows can duplicate.
I think I was seeing it last adventure as well.

Martia

I have the same issue on android, the collecting counts the first time but after you can "collect" again without counting

Walking

Two of my fellows responded that they are seeing this. One on an iPad, and one on PC (using Opera browser). Firefox user did *not* see it.

Karvest

You don't need to collect badge second time, you can close/reopen FA quest UI and it will be refreshed with actual data. Problem is not with client, but with server which continue sending outdated data until you refresh progress for last collected badge somehow (either by clicking on collect second time or by reopening FA quest UI or by collecting more items for that badge)

Enevhar Aldarion

I still think it is weird this time the bug is not affecting everyone. I am still not having any problem in Android and the browser version is not doing this either. Sometimes I am getting a second or two of lag before the badge actually collects, but that is all.

Walking

I can close/reopen the quest window (step 3 above) as many times as I want, even open and close the FA map in between, and the collect button is still there. Relogging does clear it, if that is what you mean? Also, making progress on the same badge (or another badge) clears it. For example, if I collect a Wonder badge, then spend KP on an AW (or collect coins), the collect button for the phantom Wonder badge disappears.

Last edited:

Karvest

Well, then mobile version doesn't perform "mark seen' request on every opening of FA quest UI like browser version does.
Collecting more items for quest should work.

Walking

I probably should have mentioned that tapping on a different badge and returning to the already-collected badge also demonstrates the error. If you collect multiple badges, only the most recently collected badge will show the error. Steps:
1. Collect badge 1.
2. Tap on badge 2–don’t collect—then
3. Tap on badge 1 again. See “collect” button. Ignore it, then
4. Collect badge 2.
5. Return to badge 1…button gone, all is as it should be.
6. Return to badge 2…see “collect” button.
Or
1. Collect badge 1
2. Collect badge 2
3. Collect badge 3
4. Revisit each badge…”collect” button only appears on badge 3.

It’s mainly a cosmetic problem, except some players might be confused, thinking an earned badge was not credited when in fact it had already been collected. Also this is a bit confusing:
F2392136-1074-4689-A54A-A4D65FF81396.jpeg

when you would normally see this, if a quest was complete, or no green at all, if it wasn’t:
9B8F9372-C4B0-4443-8AC6-7DD27EB45051.jpeg

Last edited:

Karvest

I mean
1. invest 10 KP into AW
2. collect WS badge
3. invest 1 more KP into AW
4. green mark disappears

Walking

Tapping the “collect” button a second time makes the mark disappear. My issue is that it should disappear the first time.

Karvest

Of course it should disappear after first collect. I'm just explaining what happens behind the scenes to help with finding the root of the problem and fixing it. The problem is not inside the mobile app, but in server code, and just looks a bit differently in browser.