• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

City 360° angle

DeletedUser

Hi folks of Elvenar :)

I have never seen 360° angle view on a browser game. Why?
Most computer games have this feature that when you press and hold the mousewheel you can circle around the camera. Especially when you are building streets behind big buildings this feature would be helpfull.
Probably it is difficult to apply this feature or else I would have seen it somewhere.

What do you think of this idea?

Best regards,
Cyb

DeletedUser58

If the development of Elvenar is similar to that of Forge of Empires, then it's simply not possible. The buildings are designed and rendered solely from the sides you see, so there's no backside for the game to show you while you're rotating. And they can't simply flip the existing buildings and apply the same graphic on the back.

What I had proposed for FoE once (though it hasn't been implemented there so dunno if it's feasible) is the option/ability to make all buildings "almost transparent" so even though it will be slightly harder to notice things in the back, you can still kind of see your background buildings.

DeletedUser31

Hi Cybershen :)

Your idea is really good, but the reason behind this is probably the same why the buildings cannot be turned. The buildings have only their two "frontal" faces modeled and textured. If you'd turn the map, you would see the back of the buildings, that are not so nice.

But maybe something could be implemented to help building streets like you mentioned. Maybe adjustable transparency or something.

Edit:
ThePhantom was a bit faster :D

DeletedUser

I see you confirmed what I thought Phantom.
But I really like your other idea, maybe it is possible to make everything "almost transparent" only when you build streets.
At least I have not had problems building other things behind something.

Edit: Yes Hoshi let´s stick to that idea ^^

Marindor

The explanations given above are correct, which means this idea will not be implemented in the game. I'll archive this thread now :)