• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Cannot reproduce [34818] Research tree missing lines for techs

Dony

King of Bugs
Game version: v1.120-beta.18-(1b4ca18) - html5 (2020-12-22 16:59)
Game world: zz1
Browser + version: Firefox 83.0 64-bit
Operating System: Windows 10
Screen resolution: 1920x1080
Account name: Dony
Humans or Elves: Elf

Reproducibility: 5/5 (1/5 = happened once; 2/5 = happens randomly; 3/5 = happens sometimes; 4/5 = happens often, but not always; 5/5 = happens always)

Quest title: none

Current situation:

Opening research tree when having researched Final Elvenar Style Main Hall last tech has missing lines for other techs
research1.JPG

Expected:
There shouldnt be missing lines between techs in some circumstances

Reproduction steps:
1. have access to new visual of tech tree
2. have researched Final Elvenar Style Main Hall last tech
3. observe that techs on left side of the screen missing lines between them, i am using 1920x1080 resolution, on other resolutions there could be different lines missing, depending on what is the most left visible on the screen

Dony

King of Bugs
Video of the bug hich happens on every single browser inluding full screen mode, which is not possible to not reproduce
I would also appreciate if QA mod who tried it in my city would change everything back after he was done with it, because else it feels like another bug, thank you for your cooperation

Brummbaer

I'm able to confirm this issue
1609583500353.png

Moving the TechTree by mouse or choose a other chapter and return to chapter 17, returns the lines

Last edited:

Kersepitje

QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
thanks to your movie, and a bigger view on you researchtree. I was now able to reproduce it. double checking in other cases to find exact reproduction steps now.
(Sometimes it helps if your screenshots aren't cropped to the bare minimum)

Kersepitje

QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
I am only able to reproduce this in the last chapter, so this is what causes it according to me:
Normally if you open up reseach tree, you are only able to see 2 tech rows before and 2 after your current first obligated tech research. as soon as you go 3 rows ahead it scrolls further into the researchtree. So the graphics for 3 research rows before aren't (fully) loaded. untill you move in the tech tree, then it loads what it's supposed to show.

Now since this is the last chapter the research tree can't scroll further, and so you still see 3 rows ahead without properly loaded graphics (again untill you move in research tree, then its fine).
So basically this issue will fix itself as soon as a new chapter arrives (mentioning this since i assume the devs will allready have the next chapter in the develepment environment so they don't bring it back as cannot reproduce)

Reproduction steps:
- research everything in last chapter untill your first mandatory research is in the last 2 columns.
- don't have an extra chapter available (for devs)
- open research tree and notice the missing lines in techs from 3 columns ago.

Marindor

Hi guys,

Our development team is still not able to reproduce this issue. Are we missing any important steps/information which could help them reproduce it more easily?

Dony

King of Bugs
Are they trying in resolution 1920x1080 ?
Because other resolutions can have different outcomes. (I can imagine devs using 4k monitors)