• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Not a Bug [33654] Mobile: Get New Choices Button in Join Fellowship screen only shuffles choices

FieryArien

Game version: 1.113.? (this morning before the update to 1.114 - but I can’t test it with current version again as I’m already in a fellowship)
HTML5 Yes/No: NA
Game world: beta1
Browser/IOS/Android + version: iOS app 1.113.2
Flash Player version: NA
Operating System or Mobile Device: iPhone iOS 13.6.1
Screen resolution: NA
Account name: FieryArien
Humans or Elves: Elves
Reproducibility: 5/5 (behaved the same even after restarting app)
Quest title: NA

Current situation:
When I’m without a fellowship, I can access “Join a Fellowship Now” menu where I get random selection of fellowships. There is “Get New Choices” button that is supposed to give me new random selection. But it just shuffles the list instead.

Expected situation:
New list of fellowships with (almost?) all new names.

Reproduction Steps:
1. Leave the fellowship if you are in one.
2. Tap on the shield icon next to your portrait and click “Join”.
3. Tap “Join” button.
4. Check out the list of fellowships (note down several names!) and then tap “Get New Choices” button.
5. Check the new reshuffled list and find all the remembered names again.
6. You can logout, restart app. The choices remain the same.

Screenshots of the bug:
092DABDE-FAB9-4272-BC33-000D8FF33923.jpeg

Enevhar Aldarion

Been this way since it was added, I think. It has always been the same with the feature available to mages and archmages to invite new players. You have a list of 25 players and the "get new choices" button just gives you the same 25 again. Even if you send requests to some of those 25, a refresh keeps them on the list of 25, instead of new choices. It is a useless system.

FieryArien

Been this way since it was added, I think. It has always been the same with the feature available to mages and archmages to invite new players. You have a list of 25 players and the "get new choices" button just gives you the same 25 again. Even if you send requests to some of those 25, a refresh keeps them on the list of 25, instead of new choices. It is a useless system.
Interesting. I’d swear I successfully used this interface and refresh of the list when I was looking for a fellowship when I started playing on EN server. But that was years ago, so I might just remember it wrong.

Marindor

Hi guys! This appears not to be a bug. The FS choices offered are open FS that have a smiliar point average to the player. If there are only a few FS that meet those criteria, the button returns the same results. This is intented but also already noted for potential improvements in the future.