• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Fixed [32737] MA - conversion recipes are back?

Dony

King of Bugs
Game version: v1.109-beta.2-(82bb6f9) (2020-07-03 09:09)
Game world: zz1
Browser + version: Firefox 78.0.1 64-bit
Flash Player version: 32.0.0.387
Operating System: Windows 10
Screen resolution: 1920x1080
Account name: Dony
Humans or Elves: Elf

Reproducibility: 5/5 (1/5 = happened once; 2/5 = happens randomly; 3/5 = happens sometimes; 4/5 = happens often, but not always; 5/5 = happens always)

Quest title: none

Current situation:

Recipes for conversion artifacts became permanent from now on ? If so they need to follow similar rule then evolving building recipes, if i dont have artifacts for conversion then recipe should be inactive for me, because i cant buy missing resource (in this case artifact) with diamonds. Its a waste of slot which are already too limited.

Expected:
If its not intended then dont show them
if its intended then some rule should apply, so they are visible only for player who can actually use them

Reproduction steps:
1. open magic academy/crafting tab
2. wait for conversion recipe to show up

Konys

QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
Confirmed; missing Artifacts can't be buyed and conversion artifact recipe can't be activated.

Jackluyt

This may not be a Bug; it may be part of the latest Upgrade, I think.
This was announced for Live Worlds:

Improvements
  • The way Crafting Recipes are selected by the system to be shown in the Crafting tab of the Magic Academy has received a major overhaul under the hood, in an effort to make the Recipes offered more relevant. This is visible in-game by the Recipes available at any given time.
Balancing Changes
  • As part of the Crafting changes mentioned above, some Recipes that were previously removed have been made available again, chances of certain Recipes appearing have been adjusted, and some Recipes have been removed. Among the removed Recipes are the Stage 1 versions of all Evolving Buildings except for the four Phoenixes (Aureate, Fire, Storm, and Coldfire), as well as the recently released Festive May Tree. More changes to the available Recipes may happen in future updates.
  • Knowledge Points bought using Diamonds directly within Ancient Wonders cost 25 Diamonds each, instead of the previous 45 Diamonds. Additionally, it's been made possible to "Buy all" required Knowledge Points to finish the Research Phase of an Ancient Wonder. This, of course, remains an optional feature. These changes do not apply to Knowledge Points bought with Diamonds anywhere else in the game. Please note that this change will come some time after the update itself, as the Mobile version for 1.108 needs to be available for all players before it can be changed.

Enevhar Aldarion

This may not be a Bug; it may be part of the latest Upgrade, I think.
This was announced for Live Worlds:

Improvements
  • The way Crafting Recipes are selected by the system to be shown in the Crafting tab of the Magic Academy has received a major overhaul under the hood, in an effort to make the Recipes offered more relevant. This is visible in-game by the Recipes available at any given time.
Balancing Changes
  • As part of the Crafting changes mentioned above, some Recipes that were previously removed have been made available again, chances of certain Recipes appearing have been adjusted, and some Recipes have been removed. Among the removed Recipes are the Stage 1 versions of all Evolving Buildings except for the four Phoenixes (Aureate, Fire, Storm, and Coldfire), as well as the recently released Festive May Tree. More changes to the available Recipes may happen in future updates.
  • Knowledge Points bought using Diamonds directly within Ancient Wonders cost 25 Diamonds each, instead of the previous 45 Diamonds. Additionally, it's been made possible to "Buy all" required Knowledge Points to finish the Research Phase of an Ancient Wonder. This, of course, remains an optional feature. These changes do not apply to Knowledge Points bought with Diamonds anywhere else in the game. Please note that this change will come some time after the update itself, as the Mobile version for 1.108 needs to be available for all players before it can be changed.

Not sure which Live servers you are getting that from, but nothing about that on the US servers or forum yet. Maybe they will post it later in the morning when they wake up for the day.

I also have to wonder why they would have pulled the three bear evolving bases out. Even without any artifacts, the polar bear, or is it the panda, is worth placing, event just at level one, because of the tournament cooldown reduction it gives when fed. And some people may think 5% extra troops from a fed level 1 brown bear would be worth it too.

Jackluyt

Not sure which Live servers you are getting that from, but nothing about that on the US servers or forum yet.

The upgrade was scheduled for EN server for today; they usually go on a Tuesday while the other servers follow on a Thursday.
It was then postponed to Wednesday (EN server).
US have still not confirmed.

I also would love Brown Bear for my small cities!!

Enevhar Aldarion

The upgrade was scheduled for EN server for today; they usually go on a Tuesday while the other servers follow on a Thursday.
It was then postponed to Wednesday (EN server).
US have still not confirmed.

I also would love Brown Bear for my small cities!!

Well, I got offered a brown bear to craft today in my Beta city, so it is obviously still in there, since Beta already got the crafting changes.