• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Won't fix [32249] Wrong avatar can be shown in message overview

Biloutte91

Game version: 1.107
HTML5 Yes/No: Yes
Game world: Béta1
Browser/IOS/Android + version: MacOS Catalyna
Flash Player version: no
Operating System or Mobile Device: Chrome
Screen resolution:
Account name: Biloutte91
Humans or Elves: Elves

Hello guys

In "Messages", only the avatar of the creator of the message appears ...

the avatar of the one who posted the last message does not appear ... not cool

For exemple, This player is the creator of the message

Capture d’écran 2020-06-10 à 13.23.55.png

i'm the second

Capture d’écran 2020-06-10 à 13.24.07.png

But it's only the first avatar that appears when it should be mine

Sorry if my explanations are not very clear i don't speak much english

EDIT: same thing in lives ...

Last edited:

Marindor

Hi @LArsouille ,

I'm not sure what you mean here exactly. Do you mean that in your browser the behaviour is different than in other browsers, or did you just mean to give a suggestion for improvement?

Biloutte91

@Marindor, it's a bug ... Even if there are 20,30 or 40 messages in the discussion, it is always the first avatar of the one who created the discussion that appears ... whereas the avatar should be that of the player who wrote the last message ... The avatar never changes
... it's always the avatar of the first message :(

For example, a player started a conversation with me ... then I replied ... it should be my avatar that appears in the discussion ... well no, it's always hers (the one from first message)

Before in "messages", during a discussions, we ALWAYS saw the avatar of the last player to have written in this discussion ... Not anymore ... which is very painful

Last edited:

Biloutte91

Change is not cool then, not cool at all !! neither for Adventures nor for KP chains

We don't know who answered last :(

Karvest

hm... actually never noticed that, never even looked at avatar there. If it was not like that before - that's really bug.

Marindor

If there are multiple recipients in a message, the avatar in the list should be changed to a general one like the one I attached in this post. Is this not happening for you?

Attachments

• Mes01.png
    Mes01.png
    7.4 KB · Views: 112

Biloutte91

In a message to two participants, it is the avatar of the last "message" which should appear out, this is no longer the case !! ... now if you don't want to take this for a bug ... too bad ... close the subject ...

Even the "multiple" avatar is not a good thing ... we also don't know who wrote the last message !!

Biloutte91

It was not like that before ... So:
1) either it's a bug (which I believe)
2) or the developers have modified something ...
and it's not good and not cool ...

Marindor

We have double checked this and it's intended that in 1 on 1 messages you see the avatar of the other player, also if you were the last to reply there. We'll archive this now as not a bug.

Karvest

Not true, you see not the avatar of other player, but of the one of who started the thread, if it was you - you see your own avatar, despite of who was the last.
If it was intended to always show opponent's avatar - there is definitely bug in implementation.

Marindor

Hi everyone,

Triple check done! The way I described it earlier is how it should work (so you should always see the avatar of the other player in that message). The fact that it now always shows the creator of the message is therefore a bug, which we will now forward. If it's true that in the past the last person who replied was shown there instead of always the other player, then that was also a bug, but we can't verify that anymore as that behaviour is no longer true.

Alcaro

If there are multiple recipients in a message, the avatar in the list should be changed to a general one like the one I attached in this post. Is this not happening for you?
I wish that icon with avatars is changed (the one for FS messages or multiple recipients). From so many beautiful avatars, the first you see is the old toothless man. Just saying :)

Marindor

This issue was discussed and we currently don't see the need to act on this issue as complexity and solution heavily outweigh the benefit of fixing it. Therefore we will now archive this bug report thread as such.