• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Fixed [31611] When you catch up with episodic quests, the latest one disappear and switch the timer on

justpeeking

Game version: v1.104-beta.5-(e79d985) (2020-04-27 13:48)
HTML5 Yes/No: no
Game world:
beta
Browser/IOS/Android + version:

Vivaldi2.11.1811.52 (Stable channel) (64-bit)
Flash Player version: 32.0.0.344
Operating System or Mobile Device:
Win 10
Screen resolution:
1920x1080
Account name:
justkeeping
Humans or Elves:
human

Reproducibility:
5/5 (once per account)

Quest title: the latest episodic quest when you catch up with them

Current situation:
when you finish the one before the latest episodic quest ("Recruit a huge amount of Units or Invest 15KP into any of your own Ancient Wonders" for me for today), the latest shows up ("Use 2 Enchantments" + "Give Neighbourly Help 5 times" for me for today), but when you close the quest window, the quest disappear and the clock counter shows up. (Luckily I started with NH and did not wasted any enchantment before I realized that I am not allowed to complete the quest this time.)

Expected situation:
Make the latest quest available and switch to clock only after it is completed.

Reproduction Steps
Finish the quest before the latest one
Collect the reward
Notice the latest quest showing the tasks you need to complete
Close the quest window
Notice that the quest window is not available anymore and the clock counter is shown instead

Screenshots of the bug:

<I was not prepared that it will happen, so I could not record a screen recording to demonstrate the bug>

Kersepitje

QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
actually, you were already on daily quest number 7. The last 'normal' quest is 'scout or upgrade 2 buildings to lvl 5' and 'spend 8 kp'.

So the behavior that you can't do the daily quest after you've catched up with all the dailys, is just like it used to be when we had other daily quests in the past.
Or are you seeing something different here? I will get the feedback forwarded that its unclear when you are on the daily quest part.

justpeeking

You clearly misinterpret my report. I did NOT reported that the behavior happens after last "normal" quest! I reported that it happens as soon as latest, current quest of episodic quests shows up.
I don't know what daily quest #7 as it is some internal reference, which we players do not see, so I can't comment on that.

The behavior is obviously different than the daily quests of past event and it is clearly described in my report:
1) You complete current-1 "daily" or episodic quest. For my case it was "Recruit a huge amount of Units or Invest 15KP into any of your own Ancient Wonders" as you can read in my report.
2) You claim the 10 point reward
3) Current quest shows up in quest window. In my case it was "Use 2 Enchantments" + "Give Neighbourly Help 5 times" -
as you can read in my report.
4) In order to complete the quest you must close the window. As soon as window is closed the current quest becomes unavailable. The icon on the side turns into a countdown clock.

(Just to be extra clear: in past event for daily quests when you completed the latest, current quest, and you accepted the reward, the window closed immediately, no new quest showed up and the countdown also started immediately. This is the expected behavior: windows close after the current is completed, not before, but then it close immediately upon claiming the price.)

Karvest

That's not current quest, that's tomorrow's quest. It was always send to client, but details was never visible until this event. So error is that quest window is not closed after claiming last active quest reward and/or showing it as active quest while it isn't.
Another problem is that when you finish all daily quests and close that window - you won't be able to claim last milestone (or even all of them if you was going to switch chapter at the last day of event and want to get grand prize for the next chapter) reward due to no way to open that window anymore.
Also there is a problem that "daily login" reward is triggered only when you advance some quest. Seems I missed yesterday's daily reward due to this (got today's one only when advanced regular chapter quest). But that probably should go to separate bug report.

Deleted User - 79535

The issue is that the daily quest are not working as they should. At first the daily quests were just completing automatically. Now they are triggered by completing one of the main quest and then block access to the next quest. This is setting a limit on the seeds collected from quest line to 20 a day. The image below show that there are only 3 quest available and not the normal 4 during an event. The daily quest appears to be overlapping the normal quest line.
Quests.JPG

Jedicris

Same for me.
Logged on today and got the automatic daily prize.
Next quest came up, completed that and then the timer came up.
Same thing happend yesterday.
No lost two days play.
NOT HAPPY!!!

Deleted User - 79535

The bug is persisting. Seems that the daily quests are not coming up and not providing seeds. I am blocked from completing more than one episodic quest per day so that I may not be able to get to the end of the progress bar before the event ends.

Deleted User - 79535

So this is basically an event that comes to a grinding halt 2 weeks before the end. Being good at completing quest is not rewarded in any way? At this point what I earn from collecting seeds around my city will be more than I earn from quests. If you consider that the daily quest is basically getting a 10 point seed it is 3 times more.

DeletedUser2538

There are now 5 days left of the event, and I have to get 6 quests done in order to get the 10th flower to complete my build. So, what you are telling me is that I won't get the last one and will have to "deal" with it because the timer is set to only allow one quest a day? Yeah, that sounds like a good idea. <shakes head>

Marindor

There are now 5 days left of the event, and I have to get 6 quests done in order to get the 10th flower to complete my build. So, what you are telling me is that I won't get the last one and will have to "deal" with it because the timer is set to only allow one quest a day? Yeah, that sounds like a good idea. <shakes head>

No, after finishing the last quest you will be able to open the screen to claim the last milestone rewards, which is your 10th evolution artifact, so no worries there :)

DeletedUser2538

Can you please explain to me why there is a timer on the quests. I know other events had the daily quests to complete so those were on a timer. This has only been for the last two days, so it's got me really confused.
Annotation 2020-05-06 155410.png