• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Fixed [30248] NH - in some circumstances shortcuts stop working

Dony

King of Bugs
Game version: v1.97-beta.8-(ee6a23b) (2020-01-24 09:06)
HTML5: no
Game world: zz1
Browser + version: Firefox Quantum 72.0.2 64-bit
Flash Player version: 32.0.0.321
Operating System: Windows 10
Screen resolution: 1920x1080
Account name: Dony
Humans or Elves: Elf

Reproducibility: 4/5 (1/5 = happened once; 2/5 = happens randomly; 3/5 = happens sometimes; 4/5 = happens often, but not always; 5/5 = happens always)

Quest title: None

Current situation:
In new Neighbor Help feature you can directly give help from FS window or notification window, in both of this windows left arrow and right arror shortcuts switch pages, but in some cases they stop working

Expected:
Shortcuts to switch pages should work all the time in FS or notification windows

Reproduction steps:
While clicking on either of the options (main hall, builder hut or culture buildings) there appears a blimp with coins/supplies, when doing many helps in a row and clicking through this blimps this error appears, doesnt appear all the time for me, so its either clicking through more blimps at the same time, or i am not moving with mouse while doing it (just clicking in a row if image appears under mouse cursor).
After you give help it return you to either FS window or notification window where this shortcuts should work.

Karvest

Clicking through blimps is anyway annoying, better move those blimps away from cursor to fix it...

Dony

King of Bugs
i agree with that especially in FS window where it hides icons and you cant see through them

Dony

King of Bugs
i have finally found 100% repro steps, you need to click through blimps which are exactly on top of the names of buildings
names.PNG

edit:
nh2.png

clicking in the red area will trigger this bug

Last edited:

DeletedUser2690

@Dony I am having no luck duplicating this. Let me be sure I understand the problem. You use your arrow keys to switch pages in the fellowship list or in the notifications list. When you click on the blimp, while it's over the building name, the arrows stop working. Is that correct?

Dony

King of Bugs
Yes
1. open FS window
2. click on hands of any fellows to give them help
3. new window pop up
4. click somewhere at the bottom to give them help (bottom part of main hall, builder hut or culture building) to make sure you have enough time to go for next help while blimp is flying up
5. this new window will be automaticly closed after you gave help
6. optional. try to use arrow keys now, it should work
7. click on hands of any other fellows from FS window
8. while that first blimp is flying over names from screenshot, click through them to give that player a help
9. help window will be automaticly closed
10. now try to use arrow keys to switch pages of fs window, observe that they dont work anymore

same for notification window

Dony

King of Bugs
Update. Blimps has nothing to do with it, i can now reproduce it with only clicking on the name of building.
1. open FS window
2. click on hands of any fellows to give them help
3. new window pop up
4. click on the name of building
index.php

5. this new window will be automaticly closed after you gave help
6. try to use arrow keys now (left arrow or right arrow, there must be atleast 2 pages of fellowship members), it wont work

note: you cant receive NH chest while doing this, so try to repoduce it after 3 chests are already claimed from NH

DeletedUser2690

Confirmed as outlined in the last post. The problem may not show up until the second page, but it does occur. The problem appears to be limited to Flash Player. NH works fine with Chrome and HTML5.

justpeeking

even in flash it "fixes itself": when the next NH is given anywhere else, but the title of the building, the arrows work again, you can move to the next/previous page by them; so it is not much of a bug, rather a minor glitch, which we can easily live with