• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

2nd tier goods

DeletedUser

Question for those with a advanced city: is there a way to get these goods (scroll, crystal, silk) before you have the chance to produce the yourself? I'm asking this because I'd like to research the 4th Squad Size Upgrade (the one that costs 150 scroll to research, just to the left of Advanced Wokshop tech) before working on the goods-producing side of the tech tree.

DeletedUser58

You can get goods (including 2nd tier ones) by completing quests. But the amount of goods you get that way is too small so have to do trading.

DeletedUser

Yeah but it should be too hard for me. Right now I pretty much have 2-3 trading partners -1 mostly- and none of them are at 2nd tier goods level. I'll have to improvise!! =]

DeletedUser136

Right now I pretty much have 2-3 trading partners -1 mostly- and none of them are at 2nd tier goods level
I have the opposite problem. I have tier 2 goods and I can't get rid of them yet... no one near me needs them :(

DeletedUser

I haven't seen a single player making fair trades involving 2nd tier goods. I would say 95% Elvenar current player population hasn't 'crack the code' yet on 1st to 2nd tier goods ratio. I would recommend offering a little more that you demand, I find people respond well to this, even if it is only 1 or 2 extra units.

DeletedUser136

I would say 95% Elvenar current player population hasn't 'crack the code' yet on 1st to 2nd tier goods ratio
I was actually surprised that the 3 star ratio of good from tier 1 to tier 2 was 4:1. I know tier 2 costs much more to produce, but still.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I was actually surprised that the 3 start ratio of good from tier 1 to tier 2 was 4:1. I know tier 2 costs much more to produce, but still.

Yeah, killer ratio... Even nastier when you add the +50% fee for undiscovered players. Got me my 150 scrolls for an extra squad size tech, tho. Maybe players will eventually tweak with these official ratios?

DeletedUser136

Maybe players will eventually tweak with these official ratios?
On the 'other' Inno beta I played for years, standard seemed to be 2:1 going up an age, simply because you're goods and supplies increased as you upgrades houses, etc. I did look at the costs here and there cost increase to produce IS about 4:1 (and I do have a few trades posted at that 3 star ratio) but I'm still thinking 2:1 just makes more sense.

I ended up having to buy all mine for coins and supplies at the wholesaler because no one for miles around me could produce them. Now that I can produce them, I don't want to slow others down by making them have to do the same thing. Its Beta. If the game doesn't keep moving along, I'll just end up with more abandoned cities around me from players who got frustrated and quit.

I'm really curious if others think the 4:1 ratio from tier 1 to tier 2 is fair or not...

Last edited by a moderator: