• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

City 2nd tier good+1 from spire set instead of scrolls only

Should spire set production be diversified based on player's goods production bonuses?

• Yes, there should be more diversity in spire library set

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • Yes but only library building, leave rest as it is

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • No, but there should be some other changes (explain)

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • No, everything is correct and don't change anything, scrolls only from Library set.

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Arthus

Idea appeared on Polish forums (proposed by user Kikimora) to make spire library set bonus productions different for some players.
link to the original topic

At the moment spire set gives only scrolls, which makes game very hard for scroll-producing players, they have problems to trade their scrolls for other goods.

Multiple libraries allow big daily scrolls pickup by non-scroll producing cities, additionally pickup is increased by Gingerbread Mansions and Panda Bears.

Why not make Spire Library Building to produce 2nd tier good+1 like some other event buildings?

For players with silk bonus, Library could produce crystals
For players with crystals bonus, Library could produce scrolls
For players with scrolls, Library could produce silk

What do you think about this idea?

iDavis

Why? For me, trader is much more interesting, while sailing on the waves, coming from different balance aspects from the game. It seems more realistic, when trader is somehow affected by what is happening in the game (it doesn´t necessary have to be 100% balanced).
Right now, it makes Spire Library special, when it produces only scrolls. Your suggested change would turn that building into any other event building, which is distinguishable only by the look and name.

If the future should bring any changes here, I would rather see new spire buildings, with different (but ideally again preset) productions, as we can see here.

Arthus

Yea could be also, just to make it more different for all cities instead of scroll tsunami everywhere

Why? For me, trader is much more interesting, while sailing on the waves, coming from different balance aspects from the game. It seems more realistic, when trader is somehow affected by what is happening in the game (it doesn´t necessary have to be 100% balanced).
Right now, it makes Spire Library special, when it produces only scrolls. Your suggested change would turn that building into any other event building, which is distinguishable only by the look and name.

If the future should bring any changes here, I would rather see new spire buildings, with different (but ideally again preset) productions, as we can see here.

Because multiple players are criticising this and they have a reason, they are unable to trade their products because you can easily have multiple library sets in your city and produce such ammount of scrolls that it's compared to their daily manufactory pickup.

I didn't trade for scrolls since november, i pickup 65000 scrolls daily from spire set. Add pandas and gingerbread houses and their scrolls production, then it's around 90-100k daily.

Instead of spreading T2 evenly, everyone produces bonus scrolls from libraries.

Then players complain that no one accepts their offers because there's excess ammount of scrolls everywhere, while everyone want crystals.

I understand your point, i think library is unique as it is, i'm just showing the way of thinking of players that proposed this and asking for your opinion.
I think there should be different buildings for different things.

Last edited:

CrazyWizard

This is a long term issue, changing the production to +1 (or +2 or even +0) is a simply copy paste job while making new sets cost money.
The spire set is a known long term issue that I already pointed out the day it came into life. any preset will automatically create balance issues on the long term.

Unless you can't have more than 1 set, I was pretty dissapointed when this set came out, as the harvest (super)set was well known, and so was the issue when they removed setpieces from daily prizes to main prizes in events to avoid it.

Here the same issue returned.

iDavis

In code, spire set is defined like spire_set_a, what indicates that developers have already tought about possible scenario of adding new buildings (set) in the future. So I wouldn't be so scared about this - as soon as they realize situation is bad enough, there is already thought-out way to go out of that.

Arthus

In code, spire set is defined like spire_set_a, what indicates that developers have already tought about possible scenario of adding new buildings (set) in the future. So I wouldn't be so scared about this - as soon as they realize situation is bad enough, there is already thought-out way to go out of that.

Considering informations i've received about chapter 16, there's reason why they produce scrolls.

Let's hope for another setups in future then ;)

edeba

Sometimes I am really not thinking... Of course scrolls have become so out of balance because of this thing. They should add more items for the set and let us choose what we'd like most. If you play the spire you will end up with multiples so leave the library and the 1x1 can be the other goods. We decide to place them as we win them.

King Luckybaby

The problem is in every world
Nobody needs scrolls

Why not change the goods of the Moonstone Libraries and Endless Scrolls
We win a moonstone library or Endless Scrolls that produces crystals -
the next time - one that produces silk .........

Then - we can react well to the market situation
We put up what we need

sunrae

:( I'm now really tired of the moonstone library. In all my cities bar one I produce scrolls and I can bearly give them away. When are we going to have a change of building in the spire that produces something else? It has completely unbalanced the trader board for scroll makers. I've invested a lot into upgrading my scroll manus but there seems little point in keeping them now.

Marindor

Hi guys,

Since the recent change in this area, this thread is no longer relevant. I'll archiveit now.