• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Fixed [29502] Inconsistent damage stats (hidden serverside enemy damage bonus?)

Karvest

Game version: v1.94-beta.1-(044124b) (2019-11-21 09:09)
HTML5 Yes/No: No
Game world: Beta1
Browser/IOS/Android + version: Chrome x64
Flash Player version: 32.0.0.293
Operating System or Mobile Device: Windows 10
Screen resolution: 1920x1200
Account name:
Karvest
Humans or Elves: Elves

Reproducibility:
5/5 (1/5 = happened once; 2/5 = happens randomly; 3/5 = happens sometimes; 4/5 = happens often, but not always; 5/5 = happens always)

Quest title: (if applicable)

Current situation:
In any province (both tournament and openworld) with more than 5 enemy squads detailed information window about enemy show different damage than tooltip of that enemy. Detailed window show correct data (number_of_units * baseDamage +- damageRange). Tooltip shows squadDamage (received from server) +-damageRange. squadDamage is bigger than number_of_units * baseDamage for some unknown reason. Actual damage received is counted using squadDamage, obviously, and is bigger than it supposed to be. Also damage bonus is sometimes bigger than listed in detailed information window.

Expected situation:
Server should count damage stats same way as client.

Reproduction Steps:
1. start manual fight in the province with more then 5 enemy squads
2. open detailed information about enemy squad
3. compare it with the tooltip of the same squad

Screenshots of the bug:

1574328098880.png

1574328112278.png

1574328139519.png

Notice damage on last screen, it is both +31% instead of +30% and more than max damage that this squad should have been able to deal 485*34*1.1*1.3=23581. Even if we accept +31% instead of +30%, it is still more than 485*34*1.1*1.31=23762

Last edited:

Dony

King of Bugs
sadly this is how damage works
the lower sqaud size on enemy size compared to ours, the bigger their base damage is, its exponential
you need to compare damage output only on scenario where its same on both sizes, for example tournament round 2, 5 versus 5

this was already nerfed years ago with combat overhaul, it was much worse back then

and to be clear it also works on our side aswell
if our units are damaged, they do more damage per unit the lower their number is

edit.: your first tooltip shows already damage adjusted which is around 37 per unit, with that in mind all is correct if you do math

Dony

King of Bugs
doesn't it should be done via enemy squad size itself and not via some hidden staff?
it was never like that

to ensure that low health units on both sizes actually do some damage and it wont take 50 turns to finish fight

Karvest

Ok. then why this bonus is not applied to our squads when our squad size is less than enemy one?
(just checked in the 2* province with 5x my squads vs 4x enemy (1853 vs 2224), both showing baseDamage*squad size)

Last edited:

Dony

King of Bugs
Ok. then why this bonus is not applied to our squads when our squad size is less than enemy one?
my guess is because we have ancient wonders and buffs, while enemy doesnt
applying low health bonus to full squad is nonsense...
its about squad size not health
i used word health just because heavily damaged units have low health and low squad size
but all comparison is based on our squad size versus squad size per squad on enemy side, i see on your picture that you fighting 7 enemies which automaticly means their squad size per squad is lower then yours and that bonus is applied there even with full health

Karvest

It is not bound to squad size at all, hidden bonus is activated as soon as enemy have more than 5 squads, even if they are bigger then player's SS. Fight difficulty is already adjusted by squad size (even with lower squad size enemy have more troops on the field at 2* tourney), so why add something hidden to harden it more?

Dony

King of Bugs
one of the reason is that some fight took endless amount of turns, which is bad for servers
It is not bound to squad size at all, hidden bonus is activated as soon as enemy have more than 5 squads, even if they are bigger then player's SS. Fight difficulty is already adjusted by squad size (even with lower squad size enemy have more troops on the field at 2* tourney), so why add something hidden to harden it more?
whole tournament is calculated from 1 number = our squad size, every difficulty, every damage

Last edited:

Karvest

This bonus is not tournament only, and adding 9% of damage on top of already bigger enemy squad size in openworld province (or later rounds of tourney) doesn't look like a fair solution for ultra-low SS problems at low chapters/first tourney province. And why it is hidden anyway? It is static, so can be applied to details window even without additional data from server.

Last edited:

Dony

King of Bugs
tournament and world map are the same
i did my research a long time ago, some things could be changed over years
lets see if we can get official statement about that

Kersepitje

QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
so i took out my calculator. 19759 *1.3 = 25687 and thats more then damage the unit has done.
so that part looks ok.
now the 19759 max damage, that isnt ok, right?

base damage of this dryad is 34, 3 star so damage is between 90% and 110% of that. So thats 30.9 and 37.4. (rounded 31 and 37)
485 units in the squad so damage should be between 14841 (15035) and 18139 (17945).

So conclusion the second popup you linked has the correct numbers, the first one doesnt
Sadly the actual combat is using the wrong number. the listed damage of 16167- 19759 would be a sqaud of 528 units instead of 485, thats allready a big difference.

Im gonna confirm this for that reason. either display the correct amount of units, or let them do the damage of the listed amount of units