• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Not a Bug [29400] Winter Magic - quest condition doesnt make sense

Dony

King of Bugs
Game version:v1.93-beta.8-(079cf83) (2019-11-14 14:39)
HTML5: no
Game world: zz1
Browser + version: Firefox Quantum 70.0 64-bit
Flash Player version: 32.0.0.270
Operating System: Windows 10
Screen resolution: 1920x1080
Account name: Dony
Humans or Elves: Elf

Reproducibility: 5/5 (1/5 = happened once; 2/5 = happens randomly; 3/5 = happens sometimes; 4/5 = happens often, but not always; 5/5 = happens always)

Quest title: Winter Magic

Current situation:
Quest condition changes based on goods which i collect, no explanation, no logic what so ever
Quest looks like:
w1.png

after collecting nonboosted T2
w2.png

after collecting boosted T3
w3.png

after collecting boosted T2
w4.png

after collecting boosted T1
w5.png

Expected:
If they are separate quest conditions for each tier it should be listed for all
Same tier should be summed up i guess and not different conditions
If the result should be summed all T1+T2+T3, there should be only 1 quest condition
If there are separate quest conditions for every good, it doesnt make any sense that it require 134K of T3 and only 37,6K of tier 1 because production per tile is exaclty the same for every good type for same building levels.

Marindor

This is not a game bug, since it is the text that was designed for this kind of quest. However, we will take this as feedback for improving the quest text and try to make it more clear. FYI: Any Tier 1-3 Good should do, but you have to choose which one you want, for they don't add up.

Dony

King of Bugs
This is not a game bug, since it is the text that was designed for this kind of quest. However, we will take this as feedback for improving the quest text and try to make it more clear. FYI: Any Tier 1-3 Good should do, but you have to choose which one you want, for they don't add up.
then this is a MAJOR bug or even game breaking bug
you cant ask 4x more T3 then T1 when all manufactories produces same amount of resource per tile

IT SHOULD BE EXACLTY the same for any Tier

to be precise
this quest require to collect 134 K of gems or 37,6 K of marble
while both buildings produce the same

iDavis

I got this quest today, started completing it with T2, then collected one steel manufactory and it's production didn't count.

Angedev

You probably have to collect bigger part than you have already collected (the same like with encounters and tournament encounters).

Marindor

@iDavis They don't add up, the highest total amount of a single good is what should count (so if you collect more steel than you had in your T2 progress bar, it should switch to the Steel amount).

Dony

King of Bugs
please double check with design why this quest asks
to collect 134 K of gems or 37,6 K of marble
while both buildings produce the same

Marindor

@Dony This turned out to be not a bug but more of how our scaling for quests works right at the moment. That being said, we're not happy with that either so it's been forwarded for future improvement.

DeletedUser1953

For me it is the major bug, it is absurd, you collect some T2, it progress ... then you collect some T1, nothing happens then at some point of collecting, it switchs to a new amount and to a new max (1 bug) !! You want to continue with T2, heu, how much i need, i do not know (2 bug) !

It is clearly a quest with 3 OR conditions, but you display only 1 progress.

"Any Tier 1-3 Good should do "
And it is not Tier based, it is boost based, collect metal if you are marble does not count. (hope this is not the same problem as in the past, the metal does not count at all even if it is your boost but i test it on marbre boost city !).

Balacing problem by 400% is not a bug ? lol

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1953

For example, people in act 4 produce often 25% T3 compare to T1, thus a balancing problem of 1600%.

DeletedUser1953

But it is always hidden if you start collecting T1 ... ... then you collect T3 ... and hop from 15000/20000, it validates the quest at some point. Playing blindly ... but it is not a bug !
There is too a penalty for people using mermaid hill, you replace some of your marble, because mermaid gives the 3 but less marble. It is the same problem with the quest ask collect marble, steel, ...
It is a common problem with this kind of quest, people need to produce Tx but if you have a building that does not produce your boost (chrimas set, night/sun, mermaid, ...), you reduce the production of your boost but globally you produce the same amount of Tx => penalty.

Dony

King of Bugs
goods from every building counts including event buildings/set buildings/evolving buildings, but only highest is shown

DeletedUser1953

Yes, but imagine a extreme city in place to produce 1000 marble, you produce 500 marble & 500 plank => you need 2x more time to finish the quest (it is an extreme example).