• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Fixed [29101]Forest Warden doing more damage than intended

Jackluyt

@Muf-Muf : Is there still no feedback from the design team please?
I need to tell my players what to expect from today's Silk tournament.

Heymrdiedier

@Muf-Muf : Is there still no feedback from the design team please?
I need to tell my players what to expect from today's Silk tournament.
you could tell them to read the forums?
expect the same as 9 weeks ago? since this bug was present there then aswell. No new units were added in silk provinces
If it happens to be fixed, then expect it to be easier.

Lushette

Its dreadful that we are not being given any news from the devs/techs/slaves as to what is happening with this and when it will be fixed. Being as tournaments are a huge part of this game you would think this would be a priority fix. The fact we cant even be informed of progress is pretty piss poor customer service.

Yogi Dave

I'm trying to wrap my head around this bug and want to know if I have it correct, wrong, or there is more to it.

1) The bug exist regardless of being tournament, normal province or spire battles. I haven't read anyone confirm this. It just doesn't seem like the battle engine would only manifest the bug in one case, but not the others.

2) Only enemy troops that could be produced in the training grounds or mercenary camp are affected, regardless of your ability to produce them. Troops that are produced in the barracks or their province troops are not affected.

3) The affect is any boost you have which benefits that type of troop also boosts theirs. However, the boost doesn't show in their stats, just in the damage they deliver to you or the reduced damage you deliver to them.

4) The boost provided by the fire phoenix, AWs, and 5-day buildings are all imparted to their troops.

5) It doesn't matter what type troop they are attacking or being attacked by, they have the boost. In other words, it's not limited to fights between the same type units, such as LR to LR.

6) If you look at what troops they will be bringing to the battle and you go back to your city and disconnect all buildings that would help those, they lose that boost, as would your troops. Of course this is cumbersome and you would have to delete any 5-day buildings, so it's not practical, but it would remove their boost. I also don't know if disconnecting the fire phoenix would remove it's bonus.

Yogi Dave

While thinking about this, it seemed like a good idea to see which units they bring to the tournaments are affected and was surprised by what I found. This assumes units only they can produce are not affected. It turns out, they never bring a unit we produce in the barracks and in each tournament they only bring one unit from either the training grounds or mercenary camp. In each tournament they always have two of the same type and the affected unit is one of them. To be sure I'm clear, if they have two HMs, one will be the affected ones.

Here is the list of units we share by tournament.

Marble: Vallorian Guard (HM) from the Mercenary camp
Steel: Orc Warrior (HM) from the Training grounds
Planks: Dryad (LR) from the Training grounds
Crystal: Faineant Frog (HR) from the Mercenary camp
Scrolls: Ranger (LR) from the Mercenary camp
Silk: Cerberus (LM) from the Training grounds
Elixir: Drone Rider (LM) from the Mercenary camp
Dust: Banshee (Mage) from the Training grounds
Gems: Orc Strategist (HR) from the Training grounds

There are 9 tournaments and we share 10 units. The only one they don't bring to a tournament is the Blossom Mage.

Karvest

I mean I don't remember any defense boosts that are not bound to units themselves.
Also not sure about HP bonus, it have no targets in effects configuration in client files, so it either applied to all enemy units (even not TG/MC ones) or properly applied only to player's troops.

Yogi Dave

I agree that their unit's attack boost would be against all of our units. I think we are also agreeing that their unit receives any applicable defense boost, so it would have a 25% increase in defense if you had a UUU in play as an example.

Karvest

UUU is not a defense boost, it is HP boost. It affects total amount of HP but not damage received.

Marindor

Its dreadful that we are not being given any news from the devs/techs/slaves as to what is happening with this and when it will be fixed.

Hi guys,

It's weekend right now and last Thursday was a bank holiday in Germany, so please have a bit of patience. This bug has our attention and we're working on it with priority. When we have any info to share, we will :)

Lelanya

Hi guys,

It's weekend right now and last Thursday was a bank holiday in Germany, so please have a bit of patience. This bug has our attention and we're working on it with priority. When we have any info to share, we will :)

Right of course!! *head slap*
Preparing for Samhain rites is way more important that fixing a major battle error, introduced weeks ago!!
Funny tho, I've heard nothing about major psychic activity occurring in Hamburg just lately...