• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Fixed [29101]Forest Warden doing more damage than intended

Dony

King of Bugs
Game version:v1.92-beta.4-(c25ca7d) (2019-10-25 14:32)
HTML5: no
Game world: zz1
Browser + version: Firefox Quantum 70.0 64-bit
Flash Player version: 32.0.0.270
Operating System: Windows 10
Screen resolution: 1920x1080
Account name: Dony
Humans or Elves: Elf

Reproducibility: 5/5 (1/5 = happened once; 2/5 = happens randomly; 3/5 = happens sometimes; 4/5 = happens often, but not always; 5/5 = happens always)

Quest title: none

Current situation:
Forest Warden doing more damage then intended

Expected:
Proper damage

Repro steps:
1. find encounter where Forest Warden is in enemy setup
2. chose any light ranged units to fight so your defense bonus is 0 against light ranged
3. enter battlefield
4. observe damage enemy Forest Warden can do
rang.png

5. let Forest Warden hit you
6. observe damage taken
rang2.png

7. obviously 65578 is much more then max possible 55892

Deleted User - 60107

Seems like the +30% damage from their skill is added BEFORE the damage calculation.

Dony

King of Bugs
I have made many tests now and every single unit which is same on both sides is affected by this bug, every buff our units receive same enemy units receive aswell, so basicly all units from mercenary camp and training grounds are affected. disconnecting ancient wonders/fire phoenix which buff them can help reduce damage taken
so every tournament or province which has same units as we can train is affected

Deleted User - 81190

I have made many tests now and every single unit which is same on both sides is affected by this bug, every buff our units receive same enemy units receive aswell, so basicly all units from mercenary camp and training grounds are affected. disconnecting ancient wonders/fire phoenix which buff them can help reduce damage taken
so every tournament or province which has same units as we can train is affected
So, we may need to lean more on the vanilla barracks units until this is fixed - correct? Removing all the buffs is pretty painful for later stages...

Dony

King of Bugs
So, we may need to lean more on the vanilla barracks units until this is fixed - correct? Removing all the buffs is pretty painful for later stages...
next toruny has sinister cerberus, so if you go with either heavy ranged ranged or heavy melee against it, you keep that wonders for your buff, but disconnect vicotry springs which will buff dogs and dont use fire phoenix which will buff both

Jackluyt

Thanks for posting this - very helpful!!
I really hope they fix this before Tuesday; it is wreaking havoc with our Tournament performance.

Last edited:

Dony

King of Bugs
only few units benefit from it, you can use it in scenarios when there are none or max 1 unit, and disconnect it if there are more, that way you can use even fire phoenix and benefit from it

DeletedUser2630

Last tournament was bad. Very bad.
This tournament I need relics to the academy, 4 trees + fenix = 6000 points = 750 units !!! You won't expect this bug to compensate us, and by getting it live, it's totally funny. We just know it's a challenge. the game is worse from day to day.

Dony

King of Bugs
and by getting it live
this bug was here for years, but only now its more obvious with different circumstances which we didnt had before
cannoneers were replaced with frogs and bandits were replaced with rangers, that units back then werent affected, but new ones are
everyone know that orc strategist is strong unit, so you didnt paid attention to it
many ppl combine combat buildigns with UUU, which even if enemy was stronger UUU negated that a bit, and so on
many ppl level their wonders slowly, so its not so visible from tourny to toruny that it is harder
and because we dont have combat logs or proper tooltips its not so clear what damage is expected and what is not

Jackluyt

Of course there is an easy temporary fix for this until the developers get the bug un-bugged - remove the Mercenary Camp and Training Grounds from the enemy army and replace with Barracks troops.

I hope we are going to get a free supply of pet food to say sorry for the considerable losses many of us have suffered.

Please pass both comments to the design team - who by the way are doing a really great job in the events!

Last edited:

DeletedUser2630

Dony: Yes, the difficulty of tournaments has been around for a long time, but we know it as you type, or so clear where the wind blows from now. But at the moment it's horrible and destructive. If I don't need those relics, I'll limit the tournament.

DeletedUser2329

only few units benefit from it, you can use it in scenarios when there are none or max 1 unit, and disconnect it if there are more, that way you can use even fire phoenix and benefit from it

I'm sorry but what do you mean "only few"? Doesn't Fire Phoenix add 50% (Level 10) boost at all kind of Units?

many ppl level their wonders slowly, so its not so visible from tourny to toruny that it is harder
You mean that the more I upgrade my AWs which boost certain kind of units the more difficult tournaments will get? Why bother then?

DeletedUser2630

Maybe it's not a bug, maybe they did it on purpose to stop us. But now they have exaggerated and that confirmed what we thought for a long time.