• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Fixed [29101]Forest Warden doing more damage than intended

CrazyWizard

crystal tournament has maps which are horrible if you go with treants/valorians, 1 enchantress can wipe out 5 of them easily if you are not aware of the map
I prefer to use paladins/valorian guard just because they are more predictable. with treants this screnario happens to often to me for my liking,
thats why I uise the other units. at east with my bonusses in game this behavior doesn't appear for me.

I play all battles on auto, and witrh 1100 units to spare I would expected to havemuch much more than 12k tournament points.
Last week I got 14400 with only 2/3rrds of those units.

My main problem is that it's hard to compare to the last crystal tournament, because my way of playing the tournaments have been different.
This makes a proper apples to apples comparison difficult.

DeletedUser332

@Jackluyt Actually, that's not very surprising. Despite heavy melee having the advantage against heavy range units on paper, the fact is that range is the most powerful stat in Elvenar's combat system. It can be summed up quite simply as this: Ranged units are able to win battles without sustaining damage. Melee units can never win a battle without taking damage. Even if a heavy melee unit can knock out a heavy range unit in a single hit, the fact is that the heavy melee still has to cross the field before they're able to attack, which can sometimes take 3 or even more turns. The whole time, they're being hammered by the enemy and that damage adds up even if it takes many shots to bring one down.

Additionally, we got used to facing off against cannoneers for quite some time, which if you look at their stats are incredibly weak compared to all other heavy range units. When 3* cannoneers were replaced with 3* frogs, the power increase was quite exaggerated due to this. Repeat, frogs are not overly powerful or bugged; the opposite is true, that cannoneers are incredibly weak units.