• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Fixed [27330] internal error on summer solstice

Dony

King of Bugs
Game version:v1.80-(c6e6168) (2019-05-22 09:11)
HTML5: no
Game world: zz1
Browser + version: Firefox Quantum 66.0.3 64-bit
Flash Player version: 32.0.0.156
Operating System: Windows 10
Screen resolution: 1920x1080
Account name: Dony
Humans or Elves: Elf

Reproducibility: 5/5 (1/5 = happened once; 2/5 = happens randomly; 3/5 = happens sometimes; 4/5 = happens often, but not always; 5/5 = happens always)

Quest title: summer solstice

Current situation:
internal error with forcing game reload after checking help for summer solstice

Expected situation:

no internal error

Reproduction steps:
1. open summer solstice window
2. click on yellow question mark for help
3. observe 2 windows opened
4. close both
5. leave summer solstice window
6. error appears

maxiqbert

no need to open help
just open a chest, then leave the summer solstice window and enjoy the same error

Dony

King of Bugs
reproduction steps for another internal error appearance:
1. open summer solstice window
2. click on any chest down bellow
3. right after click outside of the summer solstice window to close it
4. right after open summer solstice window again
steps 3-4 must be done before you get reward
5. you now get reward
6. collect it
7. right after it is possible for a brief second to open same chest then before (including animation)
8. internal error occurs

Dony

King of Bugs
another appearance of internal error: it is possible to open 2 or even all 3 chests at the same time, sometime you get both rewards but usually its internal error, and sometime its possible to open same chest 2 times before triggering it
1. keep opening chests until green button over chest starts lagging behind - its not greyed out or just reappear right after it again, and at that moment the chest is clickable

Marindor

another appearance of internal error: it is possible to open 2 or even all 3 chests at the same time, sometime you get both rewards but usually its internal error, and sometime its possible to open same chest 2 times before triggering it
1. keep opening chests until green button over chest starts lagging behind - its not greyed out or just reappear right after it again, and at that moment the chest is clickable

This is caused by clicking too fast and not considered a bug. It's natural that in this case the game respons with an error, for you're trying to force something that is not possible :)

Deleted User - 60107

This is caused by clicking too fast and not considered a bug. It's natural that in this case the game respons with an error, for you're trying to force something that is not possible :)
Bwahahaha!

Sorry, I just can't help myself. No offense, @Marindor, but do you realize how ridiculous your excuse sounds? This sort of thing is a potential problem in pretty much every online game where you can use the mouse. Which is why there are measures in place to prevent it:
1) Buttons are automatically disabled after you click on them, so that you can't click the same button more than once
2) There's a server-side check, just in case a player somehow manages to press the same button twice. In such cases the second request is simply ignored

I see no reason why the Elvenar devs can't fix this issue.

Marindor

Well, if you click like crazy to try to force the game to open a chest that already has been opened and in a rare case you manage to do so, there is a serverside check, resulting in an error, so that's the normal response and not considered a game bug :)

Dony

King of Bugs
the fact that 1 chest has green button which indicate that it can be clickable and indeed it is clickable, while other 2 chests have greyed out buttons shouldnt be natural in my opinion, it causes confusion, and this can be done by 1 slow click

Marindor

@Dony do you have more exact reproduction steps to have that green button appear with "normal" game behaviour without clicking like a hundred times in a row very quickly? Because so far we haven't been able to reproduce that.

Dony

King of Bugs
it looks random to me, sometimes its after i open 1st chest, but usually it happens after you open multiple chests in row with normal behaviour (no multi clicks), first indication that it starts buggins is that green buttons doesnt show all 3 at once, but one at a time, then second and then third with 0,5-1s delay between them, after that there is a high chance that after you open 1 chest, that green button is still present on another chest

Dony

King of Bugs
i just tried it again and its still present, i did opened second chest and you can see that first is still clicable and i could click on it, all this was done with only 1 click for action

Attachments

• chest.JPG
    chest.JPG
    34.1 KB · Views: 107